Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 06-13-2022, 03:14 PM

Default Mac Studio/HDX, Avid chassis problem

Hi Gentlemen, any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
This is what I sent Avid as a reply that suggested the problem was a driver issue.

Hi John,
So my problem, as far as I can tell, is not the driver. I have a new Mac studio ultra, with a Avid thunderbolt chassis and a new S1. Upon start-up i get a message from the Mac “Pro Tools | Avid card requires a firmware update. Launch Pro Tools and select “Pro Tools | Avid card” in the playback engine to run update.”
This dose not work as there is no such option. When I launch Pro Tools I get this from Pro Tools “Unable to find Audio Interface attatched to the first HDX card.Please check power and Digilink cables. Click OK to rescan. Click cancel to open the playback engine dialog and select a different device”
The interface is a Burl Mothership.
I have read that the firmware update won’t run in a chassis, so I reinstalled my card in my old 2010 mac pro and updated the firmware from there, alas no luck, same messages. All of the power and digilink cable are seated and needless to say it all works like a charm in the mac pro.
Any help will be greatly appreciated , I’m going to post this in the DUC as well.
Thanks again John.

Mark Law

A Bloody Good Record INC
44/02 11th Street
Long Island City NY 11101

(347) 228 3059
Old 06-13-2022, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Mac Studio/HDX, Avid chassis problem

An add on I just though of.

One more thing John,
When I open apples audio/midi set up there is no HDX card, which Pro Tools is seeing, a confilct between Apple and Avid?

Mark Law

A Bloody Good Record INC
44/02 11th Street
Long Island City NY 11101

(347) 228 3059

http://www.abloodygoodrecord.com
Old 06-15-2022, 07:27 AM

I'm very embarrassed to report that my problem is solved, internal power cable to the HDX, thanks to the wonderful work of Maria Kikut, the avid tech who thoroughly sorted through each would be problem until reaching the culprit.
My only defense is that there was no cable in the chassis and I wrongly assumed it didn't need it.
Thanks again Maria
Old 06-15-2022, 03:11 PM

Good that it worked out. Better an easy answer than a complex one!

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 06-19-2022, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A B G R View Post
I'm very embarrassed to report that my problem is solved, internal power cable to the HDX, thanks to the wonderful work of Maria Kikut, the avid tech who thoroughly sorted through each would be problem until reaching the culprit.
My only defense is that there was no cable in the chassis and I wrongly assumed it didn't need it.
Thanks again Maria
Hey Mark who are those two individuals taking a whiz around the corner on 10th st. LOL (google maps)