Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 10-16-2022, 05:04 AM

Default About Education discount

I’m having educational subscription of Protools Studio and it is going to be expired in a few months. Can I change it to Protools Ultimate subscription and keep the discount? Also, if I let it expires, can I use the education discount again to buy perpetual license through 3rd party wholesalers ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2022, 11:44 AM

Default Re: About Education discount

ONLY if you are in school still is that legal according your agreement with Avid (you already ticked the "I agree to comply" box if you got this far).

Therefore, re-apply for a new educational license if your new term is starting.

Or, purchase a full license (Artist, Studio, Flex, etc) and start working!

If educational is the only way you want go, enrol back into a school program, pay for just one course, and ask them for verification of student status the same way initially applying for educational license.

If registering in a new course is out of possibility, best option is realizing school is over and no longer trying to keep an educational license running. It's not "educating until I say I'm done learning" but instead simply according the terms of the agreement you made with Avid, legally speaking.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 10-17-2022, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb View Post
ONLY if you are in school still is that legal according your agreement with Avid (you already ticked the "I agree to comply" box if you got this far).

Therefore, re-apply for a new educational license if your new term is starting.

Or, purchase a full license (Artist, Studio, Flex, etc) and start working!

If educational is the only way you want go, enrol back into a school program, pay for just one course, and ask them for verification of student status the same way initially applying for educational license.

If registering in a new course is out of possibility, best option is realizing school is over and no longer trying to keep an educational license running. It's not "educating until I say I'm done learning" but instead simply according the terms of the agreement you made with Avid, legally speaking.

I’m still working at university. So if I want to change or buy a perpetual license for Ultimate, I’d let my current subscription expire and re-apply?

Old 10-17-2022, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by critictalk View Post
I’m still working at university. So if I want to change or buy a perpetual license for Ultimate, I’d let my current subscription expire and re-apply?

If you are this:

Faculty and staff—Teachers and staff employed by an accredited, government-recognized public or private primary or secondary school, local education authority, or public or private university or college, for-profit career/vocational schools that grant degrees and/or certificates, and schools for instrumental instruction/tuition

Then you can do this:

Teachers, faculty, and staff—You must show evidence of current employment at a government-recognized public or private primary or secondary school, local education authority, public or private university or college, for-profit career/vocational school that grants degrees and/or certificates, or school for instrumental instruction/tuition by providing one of the following:

A copy of a faculty or staff paycheck stub that includes your (the employee's) name and employer (school) name
An employer’s written confirmation on school letterhead or certificate of employment

And you buy it like this:

Available education purchases for individuals
Eligible students and educators may purchase individual “Education Pricing” versions of our software at significant discounts from the Avid Online Store or an Avid Authorized Reseller. Students and educators must provide proof of eligibility (as outlined above) to receive a serial number for their product.

avid.com/academic-eligibility

I suggest talking to Avid about the exact steps you should take in your situation before making a payment or waiting for expiry. Just so there are no gotchas or interruptions in access. At least, if the payment portal is confusing, reach out to them. If you poke around and it seems to make good sense, maybe you are okay. Can't hurt to ask actual customer support. (Or a reseller at a nearby good audio/music store.)
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 08-01-2023, 11:36 AM
SPAM

Quote:
If you are this:

Faculty and staff—Teachers and staff employed by an accredited, government-recognized public or private primary or secondary school, local education authority, or public or private university or college, for-profit career/vocational schools that grant degrees and/or certificates, and schools for instrumental instruction/tuition

Then you can do this:

Teachers, faculty, and staff—You must show evidence of current employment at a government-recognized public or private primary or secondary school, local education authority, public or private university or college, for-profit career/vocational school that grants degrees and/or certificates, or school for instrumental instruction/tuition by providing one of the following:

A copy of a faculty or staff paycheck stub that includes your (the employee's) name and employer (school) name
An employer’s written confirmation on school letterhead or certificate of employment

Last week, I stumbled upon an incredible website that offers essay writing services. I had been struggling with my academic workload, and the pressure of multiple deadlines was taking a toll on my grades. Thankfully writing a residency personal statement , my friend recommended this website, and I decided to give it a try. The experience was smooth, and the quality of the essay I received exceeded my expectations. Now, I can focus on other important tasks without worrying about my assignments.

Eligible students and educators may purchase individual “Education Pricing” versions of our software at significant discounts from the Avid Online Store or an Avid Authorized Reseller. Students and educators must provide proof of eligibility (as outlined above) to receive a serial number for their product.

avid.com/academic-eligibility

I suggest talking to Avid about the exact steps you should take in your situation before making a payment or waiting for expiry. Just so there are no gotchas or interruptions in access. At least, if the payment portal is confusing, reach out to them. If you poke around and it seems to make good sense, maybe you are okay. Can't hurt to ask actual customer support. (Or a reseller at a nearby good audio/music store.)
I had failures in the payment terminal, but there was no use from appeals, they said to wait and that's it. They do it from time to time.

Last edited by Bonaro; 08-01-2023 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-01-2023, 11:37 AM
SPAM

Quote:
If you are this:

Then you can do this:

I had failures in the payment terminal, but there was no use from appeals, they said to wait and that's it. They do it from time to time.
Old 08-01-2023, 11:45 AM
SPAM

Old 08-01-2023, 12:55 PM

Remember if your post count is low you cannot post links. It also means you cannot quote links. These posts above went to manual approval process, and while it messes this thread a bit it boosts post count a little.

Better luck next time.