Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2022, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by appledude View Post
...Avid website says it is now included in Pro Tools Studio...
That's really geared more toward subscriptions (advertising new product). I'll ask the team if they can update that page to clarify to help with this.
Old 04-28-2022, 12:06 PM

So... bless you Jeffro but now I'm more confused than I was before. What is happening going forward to the Complete Plugin Bundle for perpetual license holders of Studio and Ultimate?

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-28-2022, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
So... bless you Jeffro but now I'm more confused than I was before. What is happening going forward to the Complete Plugin Bundle for perpetual license holders of Studio and Ultimate?
Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle and HEAT are still subscription licenses tied to the term of a Subscription or a Software Updates + Support Plan. This has not changed.
Old 04-28-2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle and HEAT are still subscription licenses tied to the term of a Subscription or a Software Updates + Support Plan. This has not changed.
Terrific - thanks Jeffro!

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-28-2022, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Plug-Ins included with Pro Tools Studio

All Pro Tools plugins with the exception of the new GrooveCell and SynthCell first launched somewhere between 1999 and 2015. The year is now 2022.

WOOT!! WOOT!! we got a whooping two (2) new plugins after 7 years of paying annually!!! Talk about value! Wow! Now if I could only get my iLok updates so I can try them out!

Well, I'm not counting the brilliant 304 eq and comp. plugins which are the re-created Joe Meek plugins when they had to ditch the Joe Meek brand
Studio: 2021 Mac Studio Ultra M1 20 Core CPU, 48 Core GPU, 64GB Ram, 4TB SSD boot | Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12 | PreSonus Quantum 4848 interface| MOTU 112D interface | Digi PRE, FR OctoPre MKII, Mackie Onyx 800R, Panasonic WZ-AD96M (x2) and DA7, Eleven Rack, Apogee Big Ben, Mercury, Rode K2, Slate VMS ML-1 (x2). Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559, i7-6500U 2.6Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 1TB SSD
Old 04-28-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
snip . . . WOOT!! WOOT!! we got a whooping two (2) new plugins after 7 years of paying annually!!! Talk about value! Wow! Now if I could only get my iLok updates so I can try them out!
don't get too excited. one of them doesn't work properly. you might want to remove one of those WOOTs.

Last edited by Tweakhead; 04-28-2022 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-29-2022, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Slight correction... Software Updates + Support Plans for Pro Tools perpetual licenses did not initially include Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle or HEAT but they were added for PT users along the way. Syncing a product (usually at renewal) triggers this change for existing owners, and checking your account shows they were added today shortly after your post along with the 'Cell licenses.
Thank you, great news.

PS: to comment things said by someone in the posts above, the addition of these plugs "for free" is not a great value per se, given their age and sometimes quality, but it's a welcome addition when you have to deal with sessions coming from outside clients that use them
Old 04-29-2022, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolino_o View Post
Thank you, great news.

PS: to comment things said by someone in the posts above, the addition of these plugs "for free" is not a great value per se, given their age and sometimes quality, but it's a welcome addition when you have to deal with sessions coming from outside clients that use them
Yes, very true. Only X-form is useful to me personally, but I’ve used several others for compatibility reasons.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 10-13-2022, 05:47 PM

Hi folks,

If I may. I have a perpetual that the plugins expired the other day. I don't use any of them anyway, but I really liked the pro compressor. I have other pugs I use instead.

I have to quit the license verification every time they try to load up.

How do I remove all those plugins so they will stop trying to load.

I also keep getting an alert for 2022.9, but I only entitled to 2022.7 which is what I'm on now.

Can I remove that alert as well?

Thank you JEFFRO !

Old 10-13-2022, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
Hi folks,

If I may. I have a perpetual that the plugins expired the other day. I don't use any of them anyway, but I really liked the pro compressor. I have other pugs I use instead.

I have to quit the license verification every time they try to load up.

How do I remove all those plugins so they will stop trying to load.

I also keep getting an alert for 2022.9, but I only entitled to 2022.7 which is what I'm on now.

Can I remove that alert as well?

Thank you JEFFRO !

Move the plugins to the Unused plugins folder and they won’t be scanned at launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk