Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-08-2004, 05:46 AM

Default Export Track Settings - possible?

I am in the process of creating 'template' tracks within PT - eg a guitar track with certain plugins and settings so I can reuse them in different sessions.

I know that if I save the whole session without any audio on the tracks I can IMPORT SESSION DATA into a brandnew session - which will include all settings of the designated track(s).

But is it possible to save/export the settings of one track and re-import into another session in PT?

This is possible even in the old CubaseVST/32 and was a handy method of storing/re-using a track and it's settings without bothering about any audio.

I went up and down the whole Reference and the DUC but can't seem to find any information about this.
I am currently using MacOSX10.3.2 with PT LE 6.2.2 and the DIGI002.

Thanks for all advices.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Export Track Settings - possible?

I am looking for an answer to this same question. Anybody???

Old 01-09-2004, 05:03 PM

Only available in Pro Tools TDM 6.x (not LE).

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 01-09-2004, 10:13 PM

The work around that I have been using is, open a new session and import session data from the desired session and then delete all audio files. Or highlight all tracks in the edit window and clear all. These methods work but, I was really hoping for a one step process. Not to mention, it probably fragments my drives.

There's no better or easier way to do this in LE?
Old 01-10-2004, 01:01 PM

I have made some improvements to my work around (to anybody interested). I set up a session the way I wanted it, labeled it "Session Template" and saved session without recording anything. Now whenever I start a new session I just import session data from my "Session Template". Works like a charm!
Old 01-10-2004, 04:49 PM

Thanks guys for your help. I think I gotta go with the last option (which I found also the best workaround) and inherit track setups out of an 'empty' session template.

But it does make one wonder: This was some nice and simple functionality I used for years - same for simple copy/paste of tracks and settings. Then I upgrade hardware to the latest and greatest. And with the new hardware new software won't work (Cubase SX2) so I am limited to use the 'most advanced professional music production software': ProTools. But doing so gotta deal with losing simple export/import and copy/paste. Strange stuff.

Besides this I am still fighting with my -9073 error (sudden cpu peaks).

Music production got a little more intense from a technical point of view recently - seems like a step back in workflow from my old system - despite more DSP power now.

And I also wonder: how come the 'basics' are possible in TDM over LE. As far as I know I can't use TDM software with a DIGI002R device - so I wouldn't be able to upgrade the app even if I'd be willing to. Sorry folks - but I really don't have the buck yet to upgrade and extend new hardware as well!

Oh well ... no worries ... just dragging on.