Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2003, 02:41 AM

Default Copying track settings?

I am wondering if there is a way to copy track settings (plug ins, aux sends/levels, panning, volume) from one session to another existing session.

Specifically, I have a bunch of songs (as different sessions) that were recorded with the same drum set up. I dialed in the drum sounds while mixing the first song and would like to use the exact same settings on the other songs. Does anyone know a way to easily copy the settings from one session to another?
Old 03-31-2003, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Copying track settings?

Johnny,
easy enough to copy plug-in settings...just save to "root folder" as opposed to "session folder" just remember to use the "save as..." option, and to name as something meaningful !! . Plug settings will then appear in the sub-menu for that particular plug in-just select, and the exact same settings appear.
Not sure re the sends/pans/volumes etc - they're simple enough to re-create though.

"the trouble with the French is that they have no word for "entrepreneur" G W Bush 2003
003 & Midas Venice desk
Mindprint DTC
Soundelux U99
Drawmer M-Clock
Old 03-31-2003, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Copying track settings?

I’ve done this many times:
I make a copy of the "master" session where I remove all audio regions.
Then I import the empty tracks into the new session, and drag the audiofiles from the old to the new tracks.
You might want to disable the plugins on the empty tracks session, to avoid cpu overload when importing. I hold, I think it is control, when dragging the regions to make them stick to their start time.
The only problem is the track count limit. If you have more than 16, you will have to do it in more than one operation.