Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2023, 01:47 PM

Default iLok doesn't work after upgrade

I just upgraded to Monterey and PT 2022 on (27-inch, 2017)which works fine, but my iLok no longer works on my older 24" iMac/003R set up. It's been relatively stable for forever, and PT 10 is still on the current iLok. But I can't upgrade computer beyond Snow Leopard. How can I get PT 10 back up and running?
Old 03-03-2023, 02:03 PM

Default Re: iLok doesn't work after upgrade

You are likely better off opening an account support case with Avid. If you have a current subscription or support plan there is no cost to do that. https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support. Avid support should be able to look into your iLok account and see exactly what is happening.

What exactly does Pro Tools 10 do on that old Mac? What does ILM on that old Mac show? A screenshot for Pro Tools ILM showing details for all Pro Tools license bundles actually on the iLok (not just in your account) might help, yes I know you said Pro Tools 10 was still there. Sometimes ILM does just seem to go out to lunch. Do you have ZDT? If so has the license been seen online by Pace/iLok in the last month or so? If not do that, from any computer, just connect your iLok and log into your account with ILM. It may be worth trying to upgrade or reinstall ILM on that old Mac to the latest it will support.

And what *exactly* did you do? e.g. You purchased a subscription to current Pro Tools? For Artist? Studio?... Or did you already have a perpetual license and support plan? Or did you reinstate an expired/nonexistent support Plan? Did you activate an old subscription upgrade deal that required you to surrender a license for Pro Tools 10? What *exact* product did you purchase... provided a link to that product on the web.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 03-03-2023 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-06-2023, 07:39 AM

This is what i bought:
Avid PTStudioPUP - Pro Tools Stu Perp Upgrade

when opening Pro Tools 10, the dialog box opens up and says: "missing iLok authorization, insert iLok and restart PT. "
(of course, iLok was inserted)
When I looked at the iLok in new computer, PT 10 was there, as always, but I will check again.

As per suggestion, I will open up a ticket w/ Avid. thanks for advice.
Old 03-06-2023, 01:59 PM
Avid

Hello! If you're trying to use Pro Tools 10 on a Monterey OS, that will not work since Pro Tools 10 is only compatible to up until Mountain Lion 10.8.5.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...tibility-Chart

Since you're using Monterey, you may want to consider installing the latest version 2022.12.
Old 03-06-2023, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvicente22 View Post
Hello! If you're trying to use Pro Tools 10 on a Monterey OS, that will not work since Pro Tools 10 is only compatible to up until Mountain Lion 10.8.5.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...tibility-Chart

Since you're using Monterey, you may want to consider installing the latest version 2022.12.
That does not seem what the user is reporting as a problem. They have an older system still running Snow Leopard and are having problems with Pro Tools 10 on that older system.
Old 03-06-2023, 02:17 PM
Avid

Thanks for the clarification Darryl! |

Hi @sixstrings22 - Can you submit a case using the link below and we'll check further if this is a license or tech issue? Thanks!

https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support