Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 10-04-2016, 02:47 AM

Default S3 and Dock faders / AVB

Hi there,

I'm really enjoying my S3 + DOCK setup, really speeds up my workflow.

Although, I have 2 bugs:

- I use the AVB sound card for editing at home, but now and then the audio playback stops for a fragment (not even 0,5 sec). This is really annoying when you're editing dialog (or any other audio material) and you think there's a gap in the audio. Is there a way to solve this? The buffer size is 128 samples, with my HDN thunderbolt it's no problem. The project isn't that crowded with plugins (7 total!), so I'd think that shouldn't be the problem.

- With the DOCK; when I want to ride a fader on the S3 and the Dock's fader is signed to attentioned track, it blocks riding the fader. Now I use a blank fader for the Dock, but it should work?

I hope someone can help!

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-04-2016, 04:06 AM

Default Re: S3 and Dock faders / AVB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnievanoverveld View Post
- I use the AVB sound card for editing at home, but now and then the audio playback stops for a fragment (not even 0,5 sec). This is really annoying when you're editing dialog (or any other audio material) and you think there's a gap in the audio. Is there a way to solve this? The buffer size is 128 samples, with my HDN thunderbolt it's no problem. The project isn't that crowded with plugins (7 total!), so I'd think that shouldn't be the problem.
I haven't used AVB on my S3 since about this time last year, but I had a similar problem. I suspect the issue might be in OS X itself (as I doubt this is happening in the S3L).
Old 10-04-2016, 09:04 PM

Changing the buffer size is not solving anything.. Too bad, have to look for another small interface for working at home..
Old 10-05-2016, 12:34 AM

I'd be interested to see if the latest Sierra OS brings anything to the table in regard to better native AVB support, as there appears have been improvements in other audio aspects.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 10-07-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
I'd be interested to see if the latest Sierra OS brings anything to the table in regard to better native AVB support, as there appears have been improvements in other audio aspects.
Hi Matt,

Don't mean to hijack this thread - but was wondering if you could elaborate on the Sierra audio improvements?
Old 10-09-2016, 03:15 PM

Hi teedeecee,
I'm not technically savvy with these 'improvements', other than it has been mentioned by numerous hardware and software devs over the last couple of months.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01