Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2009, 06:32 PM

Default Click track Metronome Sporadic beats 7.3

(This all worked on my OLD Sony Vaio so why did I get a new one?) So I get a NEW Sony Vaio VGN-NS305D/S laptop. I just had to put a new 7200rpm 500GB 16M buffer to get the popping to stop that’s all good now but if I try to use the metronome it will NOT hold a steady beat. After I start the metronome and after 20 seconds sometime 40 or even more it will then drop a beat or 2 or 3 or just go CRAZY. It still records fine during those crazy actions but I can’t follow the metronome I’m good just not that good I have tried other FW cards as well as the FREE TL metronome no luck there, I have turned off everything that is not needed to make the computer work, reinstalling the OS now on the 3rd try of that. I’m using PTMP 7.3.1 and a M-audio Lightbridge. Thanks for the help. Cheers, Robert
Old 10-17-2009, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Click track Metronome Sporadic beats 7.3

REH,

Firstly, (and please don't be offended by this, it's for future referrence)., When posting a question here concerning a non working system, it's always best to read:
1. Help Us help You - http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=193635
2. General Troubleshooting: Pro Tools M-Powered Systems on Windows (XP & Vista) - http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=187759

The information that would help folks answer your questions can be gathered using these threads. Also, you may find the answers yourself and feel smart!

Without knowing your system the very first thing that pops to mind is do you have a wireless NIC enabled?

Simple workarounds for your problem are all over the threads, but here's what I used to and sometimes still do..

Record a measure or two of your metronome to an audio track. EA it to make it exact, (or even to make it fit the feel that you want..). Trim to an exact measure or two. Start that measure at the begining of the project or wherever you want the click to start. Duplicate that audio file past where you think your project might end. There you go!

You can save that audio file for use in any project if you want. You can use shakers, claves, cowbell, whatever suits you.

For method two: Turn off link to transport or whatever it's called on the TL Metro. Set your tempo there and hit play. It will play independant of PT so you will have to record it to your project on an audio track just as you would any other instrument. Once you have recorded it... trim the begining and use GRID mode to set them at the point you want them to start at.

Both methods are easy peasy! but they do NOT address what is causing issues with your rig, and that needs to be sorted. If you are having click issues, my guess is that your midi is going to be goofy as well.

Peace!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!