Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 08:34 PM

Default 002 Rack driver problem

Updating to LE 002 Rack PT 7.1 on XP pro system.
Deleted working PT LE 6.4

I have encountered a new problem.
The drivers for the 002 Rack are not being installed correctly.
After trying to install the drivers for the 002 Rack a message in the driver window says “an error occurred during the installation of the device. The system cannot find the file specified”.

When PT is stared a message saying “ Pro Tools has detected a driver install error. Pro Tools will continue to launch but may be slow to begin recording”.

Installed and reinstalled, message still the same with driver and PT start up.

Any ideas. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:37 PM

Default Re: 002 Rack driver problem

Read this support article.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 11-15-2006, 12:15 AM

Followed link procedure, got stuck at # 4:
“At top (column headers), click on the new "Company" header (this will sort all files in c:…/system32 by company). All Digidesign files will be now grouped”

Could not get this result.

Deleted Digidesign files from directory.
Deleted c:\windows\system32\drivers\dalwdm
Unable to find c:\windows\system32\drivers\digifilter

Reboot of system = same result.

Probably could not rectify due to procedure difficulties?
Old 11-15-2006, 05:18 AM

I had this error a couple of days ago and couldn't work it out. I'm afraid I resorted to a complete windows reinstall from a previous ghost back up (about time to do that anyway). I couldn't get through all of the above digi help file either.

It was a stange error though, because with my system PT still worked, as far as I could see, without any problems.

I know thats probably not the answer you wanted, so I hope you do work it out.

Tim
Old 11-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Avid

Quote:
Followed link procedure, got stuck at # 4:
“At top (column headers), click on the new "Company" header (this will sort all files in c:…/system32 by company). All Digidesign files will be now grouped”

Could not get this result.

Deleted Digidesign files from directory.
Deleted c:\windows\system32\drivers\dalwdm
Unable to find c:\windows\system32\drivers\digifilter

Reboot of system = same result.

Probably could not rectify due to procedure difficulties?
You need to also delete the Digidesign files from the registry, then reinstall Pro Tools, per the instructions in that support article.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:24 AM

Removed Digidesign from the registry, program files, win sys 32.

Reboot, started to load PT LE 7.1, first message to appear, “The Digi 002 driver installer could not find the driver information. Please make sure the path to the INF file is correct”

I could not find any reinstall instructions from the support article.

Thanks.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:05 PM

I have successfully loaded the PT LE 7.1 onto a second computer.

I still have the driver problem on the original computer, and I’m still open to suggestions for solving this problem.

Thanks.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:43 PM

The following communications with Digidesign support worked for me.

This error messages might be indications of bad installation of the application. These can be shown when there are some components of previous version of Pro Tools LE application on Pro Tools LE 7.x installation.
If there is no Digidesign component on Add/Remove program in control panel, there might be some keys left in the registry. Here is how to remove Pro Tools LE components in Windows XP registry.

Although the problem may be resolved by cleaning up the registry, the safest and recommended way to resolve this issue is to reinstall from Windows XP. This will obviously clean up the registry and let you reinstall the applications including Pro Tools LE application.
You can manually remove some of the components from registry to settle this issue but you need to make sure that this will be quite a delicate work and requires some knowledge of the registry construction.
Here is how:

The following procedure describes a way to manually remove Pro Tools from your system and should only be used when the included Pro Tools uninstall utility found in the Add/Remove programs list in Control Panel does not work.

It as advised to create a system restore point before editing the registry.

If any attempt to uninstall and/or reinstall Pro Tools using normal conventions fails, and you suspect a corrupted registry, use a 3rd party utility such as RegCleaner 4.3 by Jouni Vuorio to remove all Digidesign entries from the Software and Uninstall portions of the Windows registry. If these sections aren't clearly labeled to you in your 3rd party utility they can be found by navigating to the following keys using your preferred registry editing utility or regedit.exe in Windows:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Digidesign

Delete the Digidesign key (you may need to give yourself full control of the key by right clicking on it and choosing "Permissions..." otherwise you might receive an error.)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\App Paths\

Delete the appropriate key:

ProTools.exe (for TDM systems)
ProToolsLE.exe (for LE systems)
Uninstall entries:

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \

The registry keys here determine what shows up in the Add/Remove programs list in Control Panel. You will need to remove the Digidesign Pro Tools key, which will be in the form of a long hexadecimal number.
This key name will vary depending on what version of Pro Tools is installed. If you are using RegCleaner 4.3 by Jouni Vuorio you can simply look under the "Uninstall" section and place a check mark next to the Digidesign Pro Tools entry - then choose "Remove Selected" from the lower right hand corner - it is recommended that you use this program.
If you are using Regedit included with Windows you will need to determine which key to delete by looking at the "Display Name" string value for each hexadecimal key until you locate the Digidesign Pro Tools key.

Here is a partial list of Pro Tools key names for your reference: (You need to find the code for PT LE 6.8.1 mannualy from the window)

{525AAC7D-CD0F-4907-92F5-EAB1CADED74A}
Pro Tools TDM 6.9

{8854A2DB-FE59-4352-85A2-2B0411B2CF6C}
Pro Tools LE 6.9

{95A12FC4-15CE-445B-A63F-4B7E04EAD04E}
Pro Tools TDM 6.7

{2855E177-C18C-4834-AC0A-01D8E015D167}
Pro Tools LE 6.7

{837FA673-3F22-4CA9-8109-F14829696AA6}
Pro Tools TDM 6.4

{7C79B479-0ACE-4DCA-AA6B-5E617C356D72}
Pro Tools LE 6.4

{CA0CCADF-B7B6-4A53-955F-44FFD81CE94E}
Pro Tools TDM 6.2

{D261C3FF-28CC-4F79-A2AE-8D9EB347CEAA}
Pro Tools LE 6.1.1

{5ABA79B3-86B3-4729-8CC0-8B531E5F9629}

Pro Tools LE 6.1
If your version of Pro Tools is not in this list you will need to determine what the proper key is by checking the display name (in the right pane of regedit) for each hexadecimal key until you find Pro Tools.

Delete the key once you have located it.

3. After removing the Digidesign registry entries delete the following Digidesign folders on the hard drive:

(C: is assumed to be the system drive in the below examples)

C:\Program Files\Digidesign

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\Codecs

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\Controllers

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\(hexadecimal registry key name - the same that was removed in step 2)

4. Restart the computer

5. Install Pro Tools from the installation disc.

If you have successfully completed the above procedure but still receive a component transfer error when installing Pro Tools you may need to reinstall Windows or use the Windows Restore utility to go back to a previous state.

If the above procedure doesn't work to remedy the problem then the next step is to create a new administrative log in account and do the installation on the new log in account.

Thanks