Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2007, 10:23 AM

Default ASIO Driver won\'t install on Windows XP x64 Edition

I have recently upgraded to a new Intel Quad core computer running Windows XP x64 Edition (running SP2). I have been trying to install my MBox on it (which was previously running on an Intel Pentium 4, Windows XP SP2 machine), but I can't get the driver to install.

1. I have followed the instructions in the "Getting Started with MBox 2" manual for Windows Installation. All the necessary steps have been taken before install.

2. I inserted the Pro Tools LE 6.8.1 CD which came with my MBox. During the installation process, during the installation of the ASIO Driver, I got an error message : "Unknown error -536870347". I clicked "Ok", and the rest of the installation finished without problems.

3. I rebooted the computer. As Windows was loading, the MBox's lights did not turn on, or flicker and after I logged into Windows I got a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) and the computer rebooted.

4. As directed in the manual. I unplugged the MBox from the USB. Rebooted. Windows now loaded fine. And it told me I had an error report:

Quote:
"BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : FFFFFFFFC0000005 BCP2 : FFFFFADF93A950DC
BCP3 : FFFFFADF9298F7E0 BCP4 : FFFFFADF9298F1F0 OSVer : 5_2_3790
SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1"
The details said:

Quote:

"The following files will be included in this error report:

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc7ae.dir00\M ini081407-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc7ae.dir00\s ysdata.xml"

Then, it opened an internet page which said:

Quote:
"You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer."
5. I tried to plug in the MBox again, while already logged into Windows. The Hardware Wizard came up. I tried to run it, but it didn't find any available software.

6. When I reboot Windows with the MBox plugged in, I keep crashing and getting the same error.

Troubleshooting already attempted:

1. I have tried using the Hardware Wizard. It doesn't find any software.

2. I downloaded "Pro Tools LE 7 Setup" from the Digidesign website, but when I run it, it says "Installation and Operation of Pro Tools(R)LE requires Windows XP with SP2. This is very strange because I am already running Windows XP x64 Edition with SP2.

3. I downloaded the "Digidesign ASIO Driver 6.1.1" from the Digidesign website, but when the installer finishes, I get the same error as I did in the Pro Tools LE install : "Unknown error -536870347".

4. I downloaded the "Digidesign Audio Drivers 7.0" from the Digidesign website, but when I run the installer I get the this error message: "String WINDOWS_VERSION_WARNING was not found in string table." and the installed quits.

Please tell me what I should do. The Digidesign website says that it supports Windows XP x64 Edition. So why won't my system install the driver?