Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 08-25-2014, 09:55 AM

Default Move Unauthorized Plug-ins

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I am in need of some pretty big help.

When I load Pro Tools 11, I get this message:

Move Unauthorized Plug-ins

The following Plug-ins failed to load because no valid authorization could be found or the iLok key was not connected:

Elastic Audio.aaxplugin

Move these plug-ins to the "Plug-Ins (Unused)" folder?

I tried searching the forum and found this post:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...e+unauthorized

However I tried what was suggested in the thread but it did not help, can anyone else shed some light on what the problem might be. I have tried all other things that I can think of. Including replacing the Elastic audio plugin with another version suggested on the avid support site, that didn't work either.

So If anyone can help it would be great as I don't really want to have to buy support from avid.

p.s I tried uninstalling pro tools and reinstalling it but everytime that I do that the iLok license manager doesn't work and pro tools says that it can't open because it couldn't be authorized. Then I have to uninstall the iLok license manager and reinstall it. Causing me to have to restart my pc a further 2 times from the installation.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:45 AM

Question Re: Move Unauthorized Plug-ins

Hello Zeusius and welcome to the community.

The plug-ins referenced in that KB are optional and require licenses, so the error is normal if you don't have the licenses for those installed on your iLok. This isn't the same with Elastic Audio.

Can you please do a search for the following files?
  • Elastic Audio.dpm.rsr
  • iZotope_Radius_Win32.dll
If you find them please reply with the full path name (likely starts with "C:\Program Files...") for these files.

Thank you.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Move Unauthorized Plug-ins

Hi Jeffro,

Thank you for your reply I found the cause of the problem and have a temporary fix at the moment. I noticed when Pro Tools was loading and I got the error I got a small flash in the bottom corner of my screen. It was my security software Webroot saying that It had found a threat and was scanning and quarantining it. The threat was the Elastic Audio.aaxplugin folder.

I have no idea why it was picking out Elastic Audio as a threat, I guess it must be a false positive. So I will contact Webroot to see if they can offer a fix for it but temporarily disabling one of the shields whilst I use Pro Tools seems to do the trick for now.

Thanks again
Old 08-26-2014, 05:19 AM

You should disable any anti-virus software when running Pro tools. Click on the link on the top of this page entitled "Software Updates, Drivers,...", and then select "Computer Optimization Guides". Perform all of the steps recommended for your version of Windows and Pro Tools, and your system will perform much better.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:52 AM

Thanks for the advice I will have a look at it per your suggestion.