How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 04-25-2015, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Nothing but "Undo Change Control Value" in undo queue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonDeath View Post
In Pro Tools HD 11.1.2 my undo queue contains nothing but "Undo Change Control Value" 90% of the time. I'm not making automation adjustments, only edits, and it happens regardless of the automation mode the tracks are in, or what is write-enabled in the Automation Window. Sorta removes the functionality of undos entirely.

Anyone else? Any ideas/solutions?

Thanks.

Do you have Izotope Insight in your session?
Old 12-10-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Do you have Izotope Insight in your session?
Nope, never did...
Old 07-24-2016, 07:16 PM

I know this thread is old, but I had the same problem and finally figured it out so I wanted to post...

It seemed that Izotope Dialog Denoiser was the culprit... for some reason it was making PT record value changes in its undo cache as it was running real-time on my one of my tracks. When I tried to undo a fade or something it was trying to undo 100s of Izotope moves that shouldn't have been there.

The fix was easy: once I removed all the automation parameters from being enabled in Izotope, the problem immediately stopped and it's been working fine since.

I'm not sure if this is an Izotope thing or if other plugins might cause the same issue, but I wanted to share!
Old 07-26-2016, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseelye02 View Post
I know this thread is old, but I had the same problem and finally figured it out so I wanted to post...

It seemed that Izotope Dialog Denoiser was the culprit... for some reason it was making PT record value changes in its undo cache as it was running real-time on my one of my tracks. When I tried to undo a fade or something it was trying to undo 100s of Izotope moves that shouldn't have been there.

The fix was easy: once I removed all the automation parameters from being enabled in Izotope, the problem immediately stopped and it's been working fine since.

I'm not sure if this is an Izotope thing or if other plugins might cause the same issue, but I wanted to share!
It's actually a feature not a bug. When you have the denoiser set to auto instead of manual it will auto-set parameters all the time depending on your signal, essentially writing automation. If you set the denoiser to manual (which makes more sense anyway) this shouldn't happen.

This is why my first guess was Insight which does the same thing. It marks level overs into a dedicated lane but in Insight you can run that off in the prefs.

Frank.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:51 AM

Hmm, sorry, but that's just incorrect. If I'm in "read" on all tracks and don't have plugin automation enabled why would a plugin be writing parameter changes to my undo cue? And more so, if I have 4 of them running are you telling me they are all doing that simultaneously? Not to mention that "feature" would serve absolutely no purpose, haha.

Even past all that, no other active/adaptive processers I have that change parameters in real time do the same thing, so it seems isolated to Denoiser (although maybe others I don't have still cause an issue). After thinking about it I do think it's more of a quark than a bug, though.

Lastly, with not having any idea what I'm using it for how do you know manual makes more sense, haha?

Last edited by jseelye02; 07-26-2016 at 05:10 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Hmm, sorry, but that's just incorrect. If I'm in "read" on all tracks and don't have plugin automation enabled why would a plugin be writing parameter changes to my undo cue? And more so, if I have 4 of them running are you telling me they are all doing that simultaneously? Not to mention that "feature" would serve absolutely no purpose, haha.

Even past all that, no other active/adaptive processers I have that change parameters in real time do the same thing, so it seems isolated to Denoiser (although maybe others I don't have still cause an issue). After thinking about it I do think it's more of a quark than a bug, though.

Lastly, with not having any idea what I'm using it for how do you know manual makes more sense, haha?
You're welcome.

F.

P.S: Sorry for not reading your mind regarding the "read mode" earlier.

P.P.S: haha.
Old 03-30-2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:

This was driving me NUTS all night. I was trying to put every individual track into preview mode and see which one showed automations being written. I looked through every automation lane. I couldn't find it.

2 days ago, I experimented with this on 2 dialog tracks...

THANK YOU! This was exactly the issue.

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 03-31-2021, 07:05 AM

Glad to hear it!
Old 02-22-2023, 12:45 AM

Scratched my head over this yesterday and reason is similar: iZotope Voice De-Noise in adaptive mode produces Change Control Values in the undo queue.

Removing all the plugin's parameters from automation solved this.

Removing “include control changes in undo queue” also works of course.

Setup (menu) > Preferences > Mixing tab, bottom left (deselect: "Include control changes in undo queue").