How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2014, 11:17 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe
Default Eucontrol app. Java Conflicts

The latest Eucontrol software 3.2 must be using Java because it enters into conflict with other java applications (on Mac).

More precisely with MakeMusic Finale which I used to send music to my sequencer, where my Euphonix/Artist Mix consoles are attached:

Whenever I use a Finale Script (macro function) that executes a series of commands in Finale the Finale software crashes. If I quit Eucontrol it works immediately. I've tested this a dozen times with both latest versions of Java.

There is a Java item EuControl is taking that is not shared with other applications once taken, if that makes sense. This bug could have existed in earlier versions of Eucontrol.

EDIT: The same issue exists since 3.0, just tested it on another computer using the same system (Maverick latest version)
Old 10-28-2014, 10:16 PM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe
Default Re: Eucontrol app. Java Conflicts

Ok, sorry it doesn't have to do with Java but with Access for Assistive Devices in OS X.

It seems that even if Eucon is unchecked it is still in conflicts with some other applications in that list.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Eucontrol app. Java Conflicts

Hi, did u fix this issue?

are u Mac or PC? if mac in which MacOs are you having this issue?

I have a similar issue with other macs and Macros.
Only when EuControl is launched, otherwise works great the other Macro Apps.

All was working great until I upgraded from MacOS 10.8.5 to Mavericks and then also the issue continue in Yosemite.

I checked the Programs in Security & Privacy /Accesibility....

Worked good for one night and again the issues persists....

Reuven Amiel
Mixer/Producer.