Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2014, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Artist Control has no support for Logic X, or OSX Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanoffski View Post
Can I even run Eucon 2.6.2 in Mavericks?
Disabling Appnap doesn't take care of the crashes. I've tried it all, believe me.
Perhaps its a network issue with Mavericks?
Still waiting and hoping to hear from AVID regarding this...
I run it fine in mavericks.. But I use logic, you're SOL on protools
Old 04-02-2014, 12:29 PM

Well, Eucon 2.6.2 still crashes in Mavericks. At least while running Logic Pro X.
Kinda funny to suggest using a software version from 2011, don't you think?
But hey, if it would work, I'd be grateful. But unfortunately it doesn't.

Anyone from AVID read these boards anymore? Well incase you guys are reading, here's what's needed: Full support for Logic X & Mavericks please!

Oh and the Studio Monitor Express software would be nice to use as well.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Well, Eucon 2.6.2 still crashes in Mavericks. At least while running Logic Pro X.
Kinda funny to suggest using a software version from 2011, don't you think?
But hey, if it would work, I'd be grateful. But unfortunately it doesn't.

Anyone from AVID read these boards anymore? Well incase you guys are reading, here's what's needed: Full support for Logic X & Mavericks please!

Oh and the Studio Monitor Express software would be nice to use as well.
It does work, very well actually, and crashes happen but they are rare.

The main reason I use this version is because the jog wheel precision has never been the same afterwards. Now you can only advance one measure at a time.

Plus not being able to bank past the left-most track is a bummer, another reason i use the older version.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:23 AM

Sorry Robert,

Doesn't work. Crashes after about 5 minutes. It doesn't crash Logic Pro X, it just freezes.
Glad it works for you, but if you read any of the other users on this forum, the Eucon software is NOT working for just about everybody else.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Sorry Robert,

Doesn't work. Crashes after about 5 minutes. It doesn't crash Logic Pro X, it just freezes.
Glad it works for you, but if you read any of the other users on this forum, the Eucon software is NOT working for just about everybody else.
I cannot speculate on what differs between your configuration and mine.

But remember, people complaining on a forum is not really a scientific way to measure the amount of problems, because there will always be invisible people who are running okay and do not come to the forum to talk about it.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:03 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
...because there will always be invisible people who are running okay and do not come to the forum to talk about it.
lol Invisible people... They would have "visible" people if using Eucon wasn't an horror story for most of us.

I'm still using Logic 9 and Eucontrol 3.0.
Logic 9 and Eucontrol 3.0 kinda work ok (therefore I am not changing anything): you only have to restart your computer (sometimes a few times) to get it going...

If I need to restart my router, then I need to restart the computer and all the software, Eucon a few times until it detects everything again (usually crashes once or twice), then Logic and cross my fingers. When it's a successful launch then I have to disable sleep-mode and computer-saving. Because the unreliability of Eucon doesn't stop there, you have to shorten the life of your computer hardware by preventing it to sleep for the Eucon connection to keep working.

These machines I have are worth over 4500$ and the company that made them cannot even write a stable software driver for a new Apple system.

If it makes you feel any better I've seen worse hardware: I've once had a Epson printer that stole your ink in a huge hidden compartment before it hit the paper...
Old 04-09-2014, 09:12 AM

hahaha, yes indeed, AVID has dropped the ball big time. I'm currently running Logic X with Mavericks and Eucon 2.6.2, it works 40% of the time. It actually just crashed a few minutes ago. Faders just dropped....Artist Control screen froze. The worst part is this "gear" is supposed to help me, not hinder me. Every time it crashes I have to stop writing and get completely sidetracked with trying to fix it.

AVID Support, this is a cry for help! You guys haven't even responded to any of these forums in months! Do you even care? No? Really??? Nothin? not even a hint of what we can expect, or when? Shame on you!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xill View Post
If it makes you feel any better I've seen worse hardware: I've once had a Epson printer that stole your ink in a huge hidden compartment before it hit the paper...

Cannon did the same thing / they both suck.

I would have purchased some of these controllers already if there were not so many issues
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xill View Post
you have to shorten the life of your computer hardware by preventing it to sleep for the Eucon connection to keep working.

These machines I have are worth over 4500$ and the company that made them cannot even write a stable software driver for a new Apple system.

Actually, not sleeping your computer may prolong its life, opposite of what you're expecting. They say that hard drives for example "wear" more by the "jolt" of them spinning up vs. just spinning all the time. They do after all run 24/7 in data centers around the world.

I agree that Eucon could be a hell of a lot better. Even after they fix all the glitches and bugs, just look at the high resolution OLEds and what potential there is for a really cool menu system there with smaller fonts and some clever graphics. I was thinking about that the other day, it hasn't changed from day 1.

Most inkjet printers have "waste reservoirs" for 'self cleaning' - they have to squirt ink through the jets and it has to go somewhere.. another reason to buy a laser printer.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:48 PM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
Most inkjet printers have "waste reservoirs" for 'self cleaning' - they have to squirt ink through the jets and it has to go somewhere.. another reason to buy a laser printer.
That one could empty an entire ink cartridge before a drop hit the paper. A scam that was supposed to steal you of 25% of your ink actually stole all of it by the oversight of some incompetents that programmed the chip firmware.