Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2013, 01:27 PM

Default Delay in Pro Tools window closing?

I'm finding that when I save and close my sessions, the mix and edit windows go as they should, but the large gray work space remains for like five minutes before it closes. Any ideas? I did add WAVES GTR3, as well as Abbey Road plugins... This behavior began at that point. Now, does this mean I need to reload these plugins? I'm running 10.1 on the 003 fader system, Windows 7/64 bit, 24Gb ram... Everything seems to be working fine otherwise... Also: The plugins do not have to be active on any of the tracks, even an empty session is closing this way.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Delay in Pro Tools window closing?

Try moving the new plugins to the unused plugins folder and open and close a session to see if it is back to normal. If so, move one back to the plugins folder and open and close a session. If normal, move the other on and open and close again. This will at least tell you which plugin is causing the issue.