Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2015, 11:29 PM

Default Pro Tools 11 upgrade issue

My pro tools 9 software has recently been deleted off my hard drive after my macbook pro crashed. I cannot install it back on my computer as it says that Pro Tools 9.0 no longer compatible with Mac OSX 10.8.5. I would like to upgrade to Pro Tools 11, but I think I need to re-register my Pro Tools 9.0 software before I can upgrade, and I have lost my yellow card (containing the serial number, registration info, etc.) My 2nd generation iLok still contains an active licence for Pro Tools 9.0. Is it possible to just buy the Pro Tools 11 upgrade without having to re-register my Pro Tools 9.0 software? Will the licence automatically transfer from Pro Tools 9.0 to Pro Tools 11?
Old 02-25-2015, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 upgrade issue

From what "Avid guys" have posted here in the past, all you need is an iLok with a "qualifying license" (i.e. PT 9)...you will "surrender" that license via Ilok License Manager, and a PT 11 license will be deposited in your iLok account. You would then move the PT 11 license to your iLok.

But be careful during the PT 11 registration process...you will be asked to provide something like your "iLok account name"...this would be the "user name" you use when you log into your iLok account. If you enter the wrong name or have a typo, it can be straightened out, but it will be a total PITA to do it...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh