Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2001, 10:42 PM

Default K7T Pro-R Mainboard and Digi 001

Hello All:

I'm just about at my wits end, I should have gotten something from Drastik solutions! I built my own PC for ProTools, and decided to take the risk of using the K7T Pro-R Mainboard with DDR RAM. I've read that some Protools users have this setup, and that it works reasonably well.

However, unfortunately, after installing the card successfully, and then installing the software right after (5.0), and subsequently rebooting the computer, the damn thing hangs up right at windows startup. It gets through BIOS and all just fine, but windows screws it up. It just hangs. All activity within the computer dies, and nothing works, not even ctrl-alt-del.

I spent a LOT of money on this rig, I would owe a hell of a lot to anyone (especially somebody from Digidesign!) who could help me get it up and running. I'm using a 1.2gHz T-bird processor, and running Win98 SE. The system is running at an FSB of 266.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Cheers,
Mark
Old 09-04-2001, 11:44 PM

Default Re: K7T Pro-R Mainboard and Digi 001

If you could tell my what your IRQ's are and let me know what PCI slot you have installed the Digi card in, as well as any other cards, I could help you out. Also consider Windows ME since Microsoft will soon discontinue 98SE. Windows ME is essentially the same however, contrary to what people say is a great OS for audio. It has updated drivers and better hardware support which make installing peripherals easier plus better WDM driver support.

Regards,

Alex T.

[ September 04, 2001: Message edited by: Dreamware ]

[ September 04, 2001: Message edited by: Dreamware ]

www.dreamware.ca
Have something to brag about...Own a Dreamware Audio PC...

My Rig:

AMD Athlon XP 1700+
512MB PC2700C2 Corsair
MSI KT3ULTRA ARU
2x 80GB Seagate Barracuda 4 in RAID 0
GeForce 2 Ti 64MB
Lite-On 40x12x40 CD-RW
16x Pioneer DVD
Intel Pro/100 +
SB Audigy
Digi 001
Old 09-05-2001, 12:03 AM

Yeah microsoft is about to discontinue support for win 98 se...the same time it discontinues support for win me because xp will be on every box.

Sorry but i assure you that 98 will be around just as long if not longer then ME. ME is a joke and to deny it is to reveal how much you dont know about computers.

Hey mark please list your entire system specs, and irq's. We can get it working if you have some patience, we simply have to find the culprit (most likely a single item) so we can fix it. Hang in there.

Christian
Old 09-05-2001, 12:21 AM

Thanks for the replies!

I'll tell you what I know: I'm running the K7T mb with a 1.2gHz T-bird chip, FSB 266, with 256mb DDR-RAM, 2100. I've got one Rage Fury Pro 32 installed in the AGP slot, and nothing but the Protools card in the PCI slots. At the moment, it's not installed, as I kinda wanted to get in and out of Windows. But my friend told me not to put it on a "shared PCI slot" and put it in for me in another slot, far enough from the Rage Fury to keep both of them cool.

I'm not really sure what you mean by IRQ's, I mean, I'm familiar with the term, but not sure how to relay statistics relating to it to you. If you could direct me how do so, that would be great.

Thanks again for your help, WinME sounds promising. My roommate from last year reccommends it.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 09-05-2001, 08:43 PM

I did not say when Windows 98SE will be discontinued right away. But I do know that Microsoft has plans for this course of action. Support and driver updates will be also limited. Windows me is not a joke if tweaked properly, I know this because I have shown demo's of PTLE running this OS and have recorded live without it even breaking a sweat!

Regards,

Alex T.

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: Dreamware ]

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: Dreamware ]

www.dreamware.ca
Have something to brag about...Own a Dreamware Audio PC...

My Rig:

AMD Athlon XP 1700+
512MB PC2700C2 Corsair
MSI KT3ULTRA ARU
2x 80GB Seagate Barracuda 4 in RAID 0
GeForce 2 Ti 64MB
Lite-On 40x12x40 CD-RW
16x Pioneer DVD
Intel Pro/100 +
SB Audigy
Digi 001
Old 09-06-2001, 12:14 AM

Drastik Solutions is www.dawbox.com

Some competition could not stand the fact of someone else moving in on there major market share and decided to steal Drastik's domain name. That company is Wave Digital

I am not starting a flame here just stating the facts.

Drastik Systems is now http://www.dawbox.com

DAWBOX(TM)
Old 09-06-2001, 12:17 AM

If you need some help with your System e-mail me and I will help you out. I hate to see a user run into so much trouble.

[email protected]

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2001, 12:05 AM

Hey All:

Thanks for the Win98 vs. WinME info, but I was really hoping to get protools working on my computer in any platform, in any capacity. So far I haven't had any suggestions on how to alleviate my problem.

If you have any suggestions on what might be wrong, and how I might fix it, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mark
Old 09-07-2001, 12:34 AM

Have you tried moving the Digi001 card from slot to slot? I know it sounds stupid but I think I've had a similiar prob way back. Sounds like IRQ to me. Some cards IRQ right in one slot and not in the other. Anyhoo, sounds like you got a pretty bad-ass system. I know 'cause my cousin just got the same thing. Gook Luck!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2001, 12:35 AM

Please list your system specs, and your irq's. nobody can help unless we know what we are working with. your irq's are listed under start->accessories->systemtools->sys info->hardware resources.

Christian

PS i dont sell computers, and i am not trying to sell you anything