How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 05-08-2014, 02:13 AM

Default Eleven rack + vst impulses loader - reaper

Hi Folks,

I'm new member on AVID board :).

I bought eleven rack without protools in this month.
I was wondering can I use eleven rack with vst impulses loader (kefir, lecab) in my DAW (Reaper)?

How I can correctly set up?

I have not found any information on the web.

I gave this question at http://elevenrackusers.blogspot.com but I don't get any information from them :).

I will be grateful for your help.

Cheers
Tianzhu
Old 05-10-2014, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Eleven rack + vst impulses loader - reaper

Make sure you're using software monitoring, meaning when you add an effect to a track you can hear the effect as you play guitar. All you have to do is Disable the ELEVEN RAck on board CAB. In the track in REAPER activate a track for monitoring (software monitoring) and make sue when you deactivate the track no sound is heard. Now you can add the VST loader as an effect and load any IR. once you activate the track in reaper for monitoring you will hear only the track and VST effects loaded on that track.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:58 AM

Deansy, thanks for your reply, I'm very appreciate for your help.

I writing my setting:
ASIO DRIVER: AVID ELEVEN RACK - on
Enable inputs:
first eleven rig L
last eleven rig R

Output:
Main out L
Main out R

Record Armed - on
Record monitor - on

VST IR loader with IR - on (i checked 3 differents vst loaders)
CAB from eleven rack is BYPASS (+ SPEAKER BREAKUP: 0.0)

I checked as you wrote "make sue when you deactivate the track no sound is heard"

I heard sound even track is deactivated (all the time).

When I loaded to activated track vst amp + IR loader i hear 2 different sound (blend) once from eleven rack and double from VST.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:39 AM

As I personally don't use reaper I can't give the specific instructions because they might use different terminology to what I'm used to in cubase. You can do a search in Reaper forum about "how to monitor live effects". But I believe the key setting in Eleven rack that will make this work is setting digital output option to DAW

From the eleven Rack Manual page 95
Digital Output
Adjust the Output control to choose the type of
signal being passed to the digital outputs.

chose DAW and if if this helps

Here I found this video that might help even though it's for vocals, it should work the same way for guitar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2moD4UZsAEM
Old 05-11-2014, 10:46 AM

as far as ik know there is no way of muting the direct 11r sound in your headphone in other daws than protools,i also had your problem, the only way i know is to lower the rug output and output to amp to a level that u cant hear it and raise the volumwe on the daw track.sadly only pt have the option to mute headphones as far as i know you mau tru that daw output suggestiion from deansy,i didnt try it if i remember right
Old 05-11-2014, 11:52 AM

I use it in Cubase and it works fine with the SPDIF. I just set the digital output option IN ELEVEN RACK to DAW. With this setup and selecting software monitoring in Cubase I only hear a sound when I enable an audio track for monitoring. there's about 10ms Latency but I can load impulses and the only thing that's heard is what's processed through cubase as it should. It should work with Reaper, there's probably a monitor button that allows using of software monitoring to hear live VST effects. You're probably right regarding keeping the 1/4 inch output connected, in my setup I monitor using SPDIF connected to another audio interface but the 1/4 inch out aren't connected but I will double check to see if it would work with the quarter inch also.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:52 PM

Deansy

I checked method from youtube and it not work for now.

As wrote Christophersad - I also can't muting the direct 11r sound in my headphone.

I think that your method work only when 11R will be connected with second audio interface using for example SPDIF but I can be wrong.

I want to connect my 11R to my computer directly through USB.

I used your method couple months a go when I had Jam VOX interface and Behringer V-AMP 3. I connected V-AMP 3 into JAMVOX and then JAMVOX into computer througt USB then I turned off CAB in V-AMP3 and turn on VST IR loader it's worked great but I was not happy with the sound at 100%.

I bought 11R 1 month a go and I wanted to try use my 3-part IR that I paid for.

For now I see three solutions:

1) buy PRO tools (muting the direct 11r sound in headphone - as wrote Christophersad)

or

2: buy Logidy EPSi convolution IR loader and load my IR's (but the question is how to connect into directly 11R without second audio interface).

or

3. connect 11R into second audio interface

Damn, why protools is so expensive for now :).
Old 05-14-2014, 03:09 AM

I confirmed that if you set Digital output to DAW and monitor using SPDIF, it works perfectly but you can't monitor using the 1/4 out, you only monitor SPDIF. Here are some options:
1-The best option is if you don't have another Audio Interface with SPDIF, buy an SPDIF to analog for less than twenty dollars. Here's one on ebay for 13
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Opti...item484b49301e

2-Watch at ebay for PRO TOOLS LE 8 as sometimes it sold for under $30 and that works perfectly with ELEVEN, even better than PRO tools Version 11 since V11 doesn't have the editor for Eleven working yet!
Old 05-14-2014, 08:57 AM

Buy PRO TOOLS LE 8 - this option will be better for me :)

I already found at ebay PRO TOOLS LE 8 cost 30 - 40$, but they not ship into my country (POLAND).

I will try to catch bargain for me next time :)

Thanks for your help
Old 05-14-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tianzhu View Post
Buy PRO TOOLS LE 8 - this option will be better for me :)

I already found at ebay PRO TOOLS LE 8 cost 30 - 40$, but they not ship into my country (POLAND).

I will try to catch bargain for me next time :)

Thanks for your help
PT LE8 will work with the Eleven Rack. However, you won't be able to use Kefir or LeCab since they are VST and Pro Tools 8 only uses RTAS.

I like RedWirez MixIR2 and the BigBox pack for cab impulses, and MixIR2 is RTAS (and AAX for those of us on PT11)

http://www.redwirez.com/

I have a few Redwirez videos on my YouTube channel, like this one that shows it does work in PT11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5_JOAS9Mqc

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio