Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-14-2006, 04:57 PM

Default Burning Entire Session onto DVD?

Hi,
I have Toast Titanium software for burning files to disc. I'm trying to figure out how to burn my full session onto a DVD-R. I assume someone out there must have done this before?
PHIL
Old 10-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Burning Raw Tracks onto DVD?

Not sure what version of Toast you have, but on my version of Toast Titanium 5.2.3, you just select "DVD" from the "Other" menu in the Toast window.
Then drag the files to the window or use the "Add" button.
I'm assuming you are talking about the .wav or .aif files from your session audio folder, or your bounce to disk.

If you want to save the whole session, you would follow the instructions in the Pro Tools Reference Guide:
Quote:
Saving a Copy of the Session

To save a copy of the current session with or without its audio files and fade files, you can use the Save Copy In command. In addition, you can specify a session file format, audio file format, bit depth, and sample rate for the session copy.

For information on sharing sessions between different platforms, Pro Tools systems, or Pro Tools software versions, see Chapter 10, “File and Session Management and Compatibility.”
Then drag that session copy folder to the DVD in Toast.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Burning Raw Tracks onto DVD?

You don't need Toast to burn audio files onto DVD. You can do that in the Finder. Just stick the DVD in the drive, and after it mounts drag your audio onto the disk icon then drag that to the trash which is now a burn icon.

That is unless you want to make a DVD-A. I don't think Toast can do that, but I could be wrong.