Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 08-01-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Digi sells used Control 24 in place of new board

I paid for a new Control24 and had problems from the start. Come to find out I was sold a demo unit that was for display purposes only. Called Digi about the problems I was having and they said to send the board back to them and they would send me a new one. Well, guess what? I got the board and installed it and 4 of the inputs did not work. Called Digi back and was informed that according to the serial no. I was sent a refurbished board and also that it did not have the upgrade kit installed which caused the problems with the first board I received. I was told that the board they were sending me was new with all the latest upgrades. They also informed me that it is their policy to give a refurbished unit for a used unit. I have sent it back and have been told I will have to pay for the upgrade. My question is; Does Digi expect people to pay for a new product and settle for getting a used one? I feel that since I paid for a new Control24, I should have gotten a new Control24 not two used ones. Watch out for Digi's "new used problems" If anyone at Digi wants to address this problem post a message. You can send me an e-mail at midiman47@yahoo.com
Old 08-02-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Digi sells used Control 24 in place of new board

Sorry to hear about your problem, guess you need to read the small print on Digi's guarantee.
If it was under 1 year the problem is with the shop, they sold you a "new" unit. I can't understand if you bought new then within a year a refurbished unit is a reasonable replacement. Either fix it or give you your money back. What does the shop say ?

Also....
What do you mean by upgrade kit, a new power supply ?

I bought my C24 3 years ago and about a year ago the supply went down and I replaced it. Digi sent me all the bits and after a few hours work, it was as good as new. Was this me installing the upgrade?

Or have I missed something ?

regards
Scotsman
Old 08-02-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Digi sells used Control 24 in place of new board

Wouldn't the logical solution have been to return the "floor demo" back to the place of purchase and have them take care of this issue??