Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2013, 10:43 AM

Default volume sliders

something strange going on. I'm relatively new to Protools. I have a session that was initially recorded in protoos 8.0 (I think it's 8.0)..I'm running 10. It opens fine and plays back okay...

I can't adjust the volume slider on just one of the tracks. It's as if it's stuck on a value. I grab the slider and move it...and the volume changes...as soon as I let go of it, it automatically returns to the orginal volume setting..

any help would be appreciated....

rb
Old 07-01-2013, 10:48 AM

Default Re: volume sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsalyer View Post
something strange going on. I'm relatively new to Protools. I have a session that was initially recorded in protoos 8.0 (I think it's 8.0)..I'm running 10. It opens fine and plays back okay...

I can't adjust the volume slider on just one of the tracks. It's as if it's stuck on a value. I grab the slider and move it...and the volume changes...as soon as I let go of it, it automatically returns to the orginal volume setting..

any help would be appreciated....

rb
Sounds like you've got some automation written on that track.

You can select the entire timeline and then use Clear Special/All Automation to get rid of it.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:11 AM

Default Re: volume sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Sounds like you've got some automation written on that track.

You can select the entire timeline and then use Clear Special/All Automation to get rid of it.
I will give it a try...thanks..