Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2016, 07:23 AM

Default What Pro tools version will I need for Apples El Capitan Operating System.

I am purchasing a new IMAC with the El Capitan operating system. I currently have Pro Tools LE 8 on my old computer and using a Digi 002 rack as my interface. Will I need to up grade my Pro Tools software to work with the El Capitan operating system? Thanks!
Old 05-27-2016, 11:36 AM
Development Partner

Default Re: What Pro tools version will I need for Apples El Capitan Operating System.

If you have any option at all of getting an iMac with Yosemite, I'd strongly advise doing so. El Capitan changed a number of things in its graphic support that have had the unfortunate effect of making lots of GUIs very sluggish. You'll see other threads about this on the DUC. Pro Tools is by no means the only affected workstation. LogicX itself suffers from the same problem, meaning that Apple doesn't even appear to talk to itself.
Avid, as well as independent developers, are working hard to understand just what's going on. Until that happens, you'll have a much happier experience of PT12 on Yosemite than you will El Capitan.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:51 AM

Default Re: What Pro tools version will I need for Apples El Capitan Operating System.

FYI- the supported OS versions are listed in the Pro Tools Operating System Compatibility Chart.