Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2016, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Starting development for Venue - What is needed first?

The older venue consoles use TDM plugins.

While Avid has stopped development for these, they are still at the top of the food chain for live consoles and I for one would love it if there are some newer plugins for these.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2016, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
You're welcome Karel, thanks all for your help so far.

@Karel: please help me to understand a bit better how this DP/Venue world works:

Reverb and delays: you'd like them on DSP for less CPU load while mixing and for live use.
Drum replacement: for mixing only, NOT live, right? (Wow, live realtime replacement...)

DSP sharing: you mean the mixed DSP mode, where part of computing is done by DSP and part from CPU.
Hi,
I was talking about live music only. So yes, drum replacement for live is a great tool, I used it on a Windows based mixing system called "software audio console" which uses VST plugins. There you could work with drumagog in live mode and just trigger it from the regular kick drum microphone. So what worked on an 2010 basic computer should be possible on a DSP powered system don't you think?

The DSP/chip share thing was already mentioned. On the Avid S3l we only have 4 DSP chips from the HDX card for Plugins, so we really need plugins that can do chip sharing and don't need too many power from one chip.

Thanks again for listening to us. I am setting some money aside for when the first plugins arrive
Old 05-19-2016, 01:02 AM

I'd like to see a bigger eq, preferably linear phase, with something like 10 bands or so, with asymmetrical filters, variable q and slopes, with high and low pass without using the bands. Something like the Lake eq, perhaps. For PA tuning.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:24 AM

As already mentioned older Venues use TDM as opposed to AAX. For drum replacement we don't need to replace cymbals, just kick, snare and toms. You take a direct output and use it to trigger the sample.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:22 AM
SKnote

@HLD: great. What you mean by asymmetrical filters? Different Q for boost and cut?

Live triggering: sounds fantastic. You'll have it. Individual mics on each drum (bd, sd and each tom) are mandatory, of course. We should define how samples are managed.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:28 AM

Okay so I recently got pro tools 10 on my Windows 7 and I have a problem with my sound , I have no interface but I do use a condenser mic and plug in my speakers , but for some reason it pics up the mic but doesn't generate any waves , and it reads my speakers but it doesn't play I can't hear nothing what's wrong ?
Old 05-19-2016, 04:56 AM

Hi dinero.. You need to start up a new thread in the Protools 10 forum for this. You'll get a lot more answers.

This subforum is for live sound only.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2016, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
@HLD: great. What you mean by asymmetrical filters? Different Q for boost and cut?
No. That would be taken care of with variable q anyway. I mean in one filter, you could have a steep rise or cut at one side of the center freq, and a soft slope on the other side.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:17 AM
SKnote

Ok, now I get it.

Do you have some good examples of use in live processing? Mainly vocals?
Old 05-19-2016, 06:35 AM

Mainly PA tuning. That means master bus insert.