Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 11-25-2021, 12:23 PM

Default HELP: PT 2021.10 crashes after 45 sec...

Hi community,

its me again

I have no clue whats the reason for this behaviour but my PT is crashing unexpectedly after 45 sec running time.

I do nothing except starting the DAW. No session was opened. I already trashed all the Prefs, did a rescan and also moved ALL plugins to the unused plugin-folder. However, PT crashes after this time lapse.

I turned off WIFI, turned off Little Snitch and have no other applications running atm.
How can I solve this problem?.
Any hints to find the right spots in a crash report?

Just as a side-note, I am using Big Sur 11.6 and never had such a problem before. The only changes I made to my systems lastly: I installed GoToWebInar and Sonible smart:comp yesterday. Already trashed GoToWebInar. Can't believe that these applications might influence the stability of PT.

Thank you for your help

Mike

iMac Pro 10 Core 64 GB RAM Vega 64
Pro Tools 2023.12/Ventura 13.6.1
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro

Old 11-27-2021, 01:35 AM

Default Re: HELP: PT 2021.10 crashes after 45 sec...

Heyo,

I solved the problem. Strange, but by trial and error I found the troublemaker.

1. I am using four external HDs, one dedicated as storage for PT Sessions and Samples. And esp. this HD was the troublemaker, although no failure could be found on this HD with disk utility.
2. I renamed the known locations for my sessions and my samples on this external HD to see what happens. In the end, Pro Tools does not like the location of my Samples-Folder anymore that has been linked into to the Workspace/Sound Libraries-Locations. No idea why, because I did not change anything there.
3. So, I removed this Sound Library location from the Workspace only, but still using the old folder name for my samples and VOILA, it works now. No crash since then.

I thought, what the hell? A bug?
Maybe anyone will find this workaround helpful

Mike

iMac Pro 10 Core 64 GB RAM Vega 64
Pro Tools 2023.12/Ventura 13.6.1
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro