Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 11-13-2014, 10:35 AM

Default Faders, Knobs and Transport Bar donīt Work

Hello Guys
My name is Victor Hugo (like the writer) and iīam from Portugal.
I have a Euphonix MC Control (the old one) and i work it Logic and Final Cut Pro, so theres is my question....

Now speaking of a tricky situation, a two weeks ago my iMac was returned for repair, and when he came I install everything from scratch, my operating system is Snow Leopard (10.6) EuCon is the version 1.2.5 and the MC Control firmware is the first, the one he cames from the factory.
I had never updated, and always worked, but a two weeks ago I updated the firmware from MC Control and since then it never worked.
Since then I have done everything, install, uninstall, and I even put the latest operating system from Apple, Yosemite (10.10) with EuCon version 3.1.3 and 3.2, honestly I no longer know what to do.
I've done the test mode of the MC Control and everything works, but when I open a program (Final Cut Pro, Logic, etc...) he only recognizes the soft keys... the faders, knobs and transport bar they have no signs of life, itīs not working.

The only alternative I see is doing a reset of the firmware on the MC Control, by returning to the factory settings, can i do a reset? Is there any shortcut to it (like for example like test mode)?

What saddens me is that I'm from Portugal and I donīt know any store of Avid | Euphonic here in Portugal.
I really hope you can help me, if you want me to send videos or photos to be simpler the resolution, just ask.

Regards
Victor Hugo

Ps. Sorry for my English
Old 11-13-2014, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Faders, Knobs and Transport Bar donīt Work

Sounds like your MC control needs to be configured on your network properly. Does Yosemite support eucon yet? I am still on Mavericks.

Double check the network connection is set properly via the manual. Can you right click on the EuControl icon and restart all eucon applications? When mine gets stuck OR when I wake it sometimes I have to do that.

My guess with your situation is...

-Yosemite might be not supported???
-Your network port needs to be configured correctly to talk to the device.... Try that out and let us know...

www.WenzMastering.com
Old 11-13-2014, 07:59 PM

it works with yosemite
Old 11-15-2014, 10:44 AM

Thanks for the quick reply

I I tried to Yosemite, but has also experimented with Lion
and now I use the Snow Leopard (with different versionīs of EuCon software,
of course) and nothing works. I always use Snow Leopard, I only install Yosemite to see if it worked, my operating system is Snow Leopard.
I always used the Snow Leopard with EuCon software version 1.2.5 which came
in 2010 with the Euphonix MC Control machine and the original firmware and
always worked well, since I installed the new firmware it no longer
recognizes

How do you mean about "needs to be configured on your network properly"?
How to do it?

I connect the MC Control via ethernet cable to the iMac

itīs possible to reset MC Control firmware to the original firmware? The one that came when I buy the "Euphonix MC Control" with the "Green Icon from EuCon" without update?

Iīm so sad because I do everything I Know, and nothing!!!

If you want, I can send you videos of procedures that I take.

Thanks for all