How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Re: Structure registered to my ilok but not authorizing

Sorry about the Delta thing Marc!

Well, I use(d) Structure in my home setup, not in the studio (to be clear about it...).
So @home I have a Mac mini 1,66 Intel core duo, 2GB RAM, mBox Original.

To reply on the "response" question; I think authorizing with challance-> response doesn't work anyway, because Structure can be authorized with iLok only.
The challence/response system uses a key which is then installed on your harddrive. Or am I wrong?

BTW Marc; are there improvements and changes in v2? I'm so curious...
Old 05-24-2007, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Maybe it has something to do with PPC versus Intel? On my PPC Dual G4 1,25 Ghz it works very well, but I do not have an Intel G5 at hand to check if this works. Can somebody confirm if the new Structure Public Beta 2 works (and gets authorized by iLok) on Intel machines?

Quote:
I think authorizing with challance-> response doesn't work anyway, because Structure can be authorized with iLok only.
This is correct

Quote:
BTW Marc; are there improvements and changes in v2? I'm so curious...
To keep it short: it works! With Structure Public Beta 1 I did get a crash within a few minutes of use, since Structure Public Beta 2 I did not get any crash in 2 weeks. I think A.I.R. is almost ready to start selling Structure for real (I wonder if all Public Beta testers will get a discount for their efforts... )

Mac Pro 2019 - 3.2GHz 16-core - 96GB RAM - macOS 14.4.1 - PT HDX3 - Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3.1 - Avid HD I/O 16x16 (x2) - Avid HD I/O 16x16 Digital - Digidesign 192 I/O - Digidesign 192D I/O (x3) - Avid SYNC HD - Apogee Big Ben - Apogee Rosetta 200 - Avid S3 - Slate RAVEN MTi2 (x2) - iConnectivity mioXL (x4) - Genelec ‘The Ones’ 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos Music monitoring (AES/EBU) with 8341A (x5) + 8331A (x10) + 7360A (x2) + 9301B - Almost all available AAX-DSP plug-ins
Old 05-24-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
On the download page of Structure Beta v.4851 is a link that states [Activate Structure Beta iLok deposit], it puts a new Structure Public Beta 2 90 days authorisation on your iLok account (of course you need to download it to your iLok afterwards). Can you see this new authorisation on your iLok?
Thanks, I missed that, but have it now. Funny, but I didn't have the first beta on my iLok and it seemed to work ok. Well, maybe I just thought it worked ok. Now to test for real.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:43 AM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Maybe it has something to do with PPC versus Intel? On my PPC Dual G4 1,25 Ghz it works very well, but I do not have an Intel G5 at hand to check if this works. Can somebody confirm if the new Structure Public Beta 2 works (and gets authorized by iLok) on Intel machines?

Hi Marc,

I have two G5's in the studio. I'll check there (not now, but this weekend) if the iLok key will work there with v2.
Still, Any succes stories with Intel machines would be much appreciated!
Old 06-02-2007, 03:56 AM

Well.... So I installed Structure Beta 2 in the studio on Mac G5 1.8 DP, Osx 10.4.7, Protools HD2 v7.2, Mojo.
Same result! iLok authorisation still "expired" for Beta version 2

I suspect this is an iLok bug.... Maybe wrong date setting in authoristation?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:25 AM

Has anyone had any success at solving the authorization bug people are having with Stucture? I've been able to use the first demo but after installing the second demo, Pro Tools tells me that Beta 2 is expired. It is registered in my iLok account but Pro Tools tells me it can't find it on my iLok. I've synchronized over and over but it still shows up as being expired. I've read all these threads bu nobody seems to have been able to solve it. I've even thown away all the old Stucture files and reinsalled. I've even tried to re-download the key from digidesign to my iLok but it says "you already have an authorized version". Is this an iLok issue or Pro Tools issue? Hate to beat a dead horse but has anyone solved this?

Mini 1.8 w/ 2G RAM 10.4 PTLE 7.3 MBOX

Thanks,

- Mark

Old 06-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Avid

Just to be sure - have you downloaded the NEW auth for Structure Beta 2? There are different iLok auths required for each version - if you've only got the Beta 1 auth, it won't work for Beta 2.

Also, make sure that your computer date and time are set correctly - we've seen that cause problems with these auths as well.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Just to be sure - have you downloaded the NEW auth for Structure Beta 2? There are different iLok auths required for each version - if you've only got the Beta 1 auth, it won't work for Beta 2.
Yes
Quote:
Also, make sure that your computer date and time are set correctly - we've seen that cause problems with these auths as well.
As well. See my previous message: on HD2 G5 system the same occurs...
Old 06-04-2007, 01:51 PM

Yes I downloaded the Public Beta 2. My iLoks show Beta 1 and 2 but when I start Pro Tools it says Beta 2 has expired and can't find the authorization on my iLok. Either it isn't seeing my Authorization online when I boot Pro Tools or my iLok isn't getting the authorization from the website. The only thing I may have done backwards was install Structure before setting up the iLok license.

Thanks,

- Mark