Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Pro Tools 7.3.1 crashes when opening sessions

I'm using PT le 7.3.1 on my mac g5 2.7ghz 6.5 gig ram. After working on some sessions,saving and closing them, when I try to open the session protools crashes. I have not been able to re-open several sessions now. Even some of the backup sessions won't open. I read that this was a problem with 7.3, but I thought the bag was fixed. Anyone have any idea how to stop this from happening and how I might be able to open the session that cause pt to crash.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 7.3.1 crashes when opening sessions

Hi

Same problem here. (I reported on another post)

Yesterday I updated to LE 7.3.1cs without success, and I made several tests with sessions.

I tested on a Macbook 2ghz 2Gb, MBox Mini, with the following tracks:
-10 midi tracks
- 2 audio tracks
- 1 master fader

Configuring a BFDLite or Xpand! as an insert in AudioTrack 1 and 2, works fine, it opened the sessions perfectly.

Configuring Sampletank SE last version in AudioTrk1, with the following channels, works fine, even routing 2 MIDITracks to Ch1:
- Clean LP (ch1); HQ Free Piano(ch2);Drive LP (ch3);Bridge Fingered(ch4);Comp Vintage(ch5)

If I add another instrument as ch6, it crashes and the session is lost.

If I insert a second SampleTank to AudioTrk2, it works fine (having the other ST 5 channels), and I can configure up to 2 channels. (String Orchesta 1(ch1) and Alto Sax(ch2) )

If I add another instrument as ch3, it crashes and the session is lost .

Everything points me to a SampleTank problem, of course, and the fact that this sampler has been removed from Ignition Pack 2, make me think that is a real problem

I love Sampletank, easy to use and great sounds, but if there's no solution I think I should search for an alternative

Best regards,

Nacho
Old 03-02-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 7.3.1 crashes when opening sessions

I'm not using sampletank in the lost sessions. It most be something else.

Thanks