Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2017, 10:43 AM

Default Can the Artist Transport knobs do more than one thing?

I know this is a discontinued/obsolete product, but I was wondering if anyone else here has done much customization for this interface.

This might be a dumb question;
- Is it possible to create a soft key mode that gives functionality to BOTH the jog wheel AND the shuttle dial AT THE SAME TIME?

Even in the default preset function:
- the first key puts it into JOG mode and the wheel jogs but the shuttle dial does nothing.
- The second key puts it into SHUTTLE mode and now the shuttle shuttles but the jog wheel does nothing.
I've never seen anything like this and it makes zero sense; the whole point of a jog and shuttle dual wheel would seem to be to use them interchangeably without having to change 'modes' (otherwise there is no advantage over just having a single wheel).

I tried to create a custom soft key, which in Eucontrol allows you to add a separate JOG WHEEL and SHUTTLE WHEEL entry, alluding it might allow you to associate individual functions for each, but it then applies the second function to the first control no matter what and you get bizarre behaviors.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there some actual reason only 1 of 2 of the control knobs can work at a time!?!

Last edited by Maskeeper; 05-16-2017 at 11:03 AM.