How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2012, 03:03 PM

Default Selective enabling of ASIO channels in Pro Tools

Hey guys,

Is selective enabling of ASIO channels in Pro Tools 9 possible? I'm having a problem with an RME Digi 96/8PAD card always defaulting to ADAT output status when PT boots up, and it does not mult the outs to the AES/SPDIF outs, therefore I get no signal.

I've not seen anything like this before, and removing the IO settings for the outputs doesn't do it. Wondering if anyone else has any thoughts before we have to make a new RME card purchase...

Thanks for any advice!
Sig
Old 01-27-2012, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Selective enabling of ASIO channels in Pro Tools

So it's just inside or while PT boots? You should be able to save your I/O settings and that should automatically tell PT how to apply them....

However if your using AISO you are not running an interface....(As Far As I Understand it b/cI never have to select the AISO for the playback engine unless i am running an w/o an interface).

if you need to run w/o an interface you could save a seperate I/O setting for the AISO config and another one when you run an interface.....

If you are want to you could probably have some type of config in the Control Panel under sounds.....My MOBO let's me setup default ADAT and Mic and Line out and the Digital Outs......but this is windows......IDK if it will translate over inside of PT even if you are running the AISO engine.

Hope that helps maybe i just created more confusion but it was a shot.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Selective enabling of ASIO channels in Pro Tools

Ya, it has nothing to do with IO settings. When Pro Tools boots up it designates all the ASIO channels of the available hardware (in this case, the RME Digi 96/8PAD card). In Samplitude, I'm able to turn off those extra ADAT outputs which automatically tell the card that it can't output into 8 chn ADAT mode, and therefore must only use the S/PDIF and AES IO. I don't see anywhere else in Pro Tools that you can do that, nor anywhere in the system.

I think the only solution is new hardware, sadly. Too bad, it's for a basic system that needs to only be at 44.1k, and this card has worked really great for many years in this situation. It's only because I'm trying to bring Pro Tools into the mix that we're not able to use it.

Thanks for your help,
Sig