Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2005, 03:33 AM

Default 002 Rack stopped working overnight

Any help appreciated...

Last night before I went to bed I was on my computer, played a couple of mp3's (through my 002r) etc. stuff I normally do. I left the computer and 002r on aswell as my Octane and tannoy actives. I actually left an mp3 playing as I left, knowing it would finish.

So I wake up this morning and jump on the computer, try to play an mp3 and nothing... the 1394 light on the front of the 002r blinks slowly and the track plays in Windows media player but no sound, the track counter is going slower aswell, advancing a second every few seconds. I press stop and the 1394 light stops blinking.

Open up protools (6.9) and it seems to pause for a long time on 'Initializing controllers' with the 1394 light blinking slowly but it eventually loads. Open a session I know works, press play and get "Problem detected with audio clock. Check that your clock source and sample rate are correct." Then i get a 6085 (decrease buffer size). The 1394 light doesnt come on during any of this.

My normal setup is using the Octane as the clock source through ADAT but ive tried setting the clock source to internal aswell and no difference. All drives are DMA, nothing has changed since yesterday when it was working prefectly. The firewire card ive been using isnt a Digi recommended one but it was working fine, replaced it and the firewire cable and changed PCI slots but that didnt fix anything. Ive uninstalled protools, put 6.7 back on, same problem. I even purchased version 7 and installed that but no fix. I hooked up a cd player to the ALT SRC and pressed ALT SRC to MON button just to make sure the entire thing wasnt dead and music comes through fine.

Basically I just dont understand how something can happen overnight with no one on the computer/using the equipment.

I still dont know if its hardware or software (Windows), the last step is to format and do a fresh install of windows. If its hardware could it be firmware? I was expecting version 7 to upgrade the firmware and hopefully fix the problem but it doesnt. Is there a way to reinstall the firmware? or downgrade?