Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 01-05-2023, 02:29 PM

Default Guitar Pro 6 Install Issues

Ive installed Guitar Pro 6 into Pro Tools 12 and its there and opens but i cant get and sound through it, have i installed it in the wrong folder?
Old 01-05-2023, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Guitar Pro 6 Install Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir mega of mic View Post
Ive installed Guitar Pro 6 into Pro Tools 12 and its there and opens but i cant get and sound through it, have i installed it in the wrong folder?
Welcome to DUC.

What exactly are you hoping/trying to do?

Arobas Music Guitar Pro 6 (currently actually Guitar Pro 8) is a stand-along tablature/notation editor/player/tablature store. It has no direct integration with Pro Tools that I am aware of (and I've used both for years).

I have no idea how you "install Guitar Pro 6 into Pro Tools 12". These are separate software packages. Guitar Pro does not install into Pro Tools.

Probably the easiest way to work with Guitar Pro and Pro Tools for beginners is use the Guitar Pro export function to export the main output audio, or individual track audio, to audio files and import those files into Pro Tools and use as backing or practice tracks. You cannot use purchased tabs for anything other than than private use.

Sophisticated uses on a Mac could also send real-time output from Guitar Pro into Pro Tools via something like Rogue Amoeba Loopback or Pro Tools Audio Bridge (in recent versions of Pro Tools). But again there is no direct integration between these products and I'm not at all sure what you are trying to do.

You can easily export instrument MIDI out of Guitar Pro for content you have created, maybe (not sure) not for purchase tabs for content licensing reasons. But there are multiple tutorials online about how to connect real-time MIDI output from Guitar Pro into a DAW or external MIDI instrument. And I know you can do that for purchased content.

If you are just getting started, and are not familiar with MIDI and virtual instruments within Pro Tools I would start by finding some tutorials online and working out how to use virtual instruments plugins (which Guitar Pro is not) and MIDI in Pro Tools by itself.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-05-2023 at 10:37 PM.