Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 09-28-2022, 06:50 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio Mic In's / Dolby Audio Bridge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
It is happening here even with PTAB 64. I'll give it another spin later today with the unedited config file and see if it performs any better.
Yeah, I tried PTAB 32 and 64, same issue.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:47 AM
Avid

Even with PTAB, there's no reason to not use DAB if you are funneling from Pro Tools -> DAPS. It's all set up and ready to go. Use PTAB to get back to Pro Tools and or to route re-renders into Logic for Apple Spatial monitoring on Airpods, etc.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 09-29-2022, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Even with PTAB, there's no reason to not use DAB if you are funneling from Pro Tools -> DAPS. It's all set up and ready to go. Use PTAB to get back to Pro Tools and or to route re-renders into Logic for Apple Spatial monitoring on Airpods, etc.

Jeff
Jeff, would you mind giving some concrete routing to achieve this? Is it possible to listen to speakers and logic (AirPods) at the same time?

Mac Studio Ultra, OS 13.6.5 MTRX Studio, PT Ultimate 2023.12.1, HDX1, Sync HD, BM Decklink Extreme 4K, Genelec's 9.1.4, Dolby Atmos Renderer, Avid Dock, S1, SoundFlow, Streamdeck
Old 09-29-2022, 07:26 AM
Avid

Sure thing.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 09-29-2022, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
One more question, PTAB doesn’t do any drift correction/ASRC right? I presume not given you said above everything must be resolved to a common clock, but someone in the Atmos FB group suggested this might be the case.

There was also a question about whether this gets frame accurate sync when using HDX as primary playback engine with Sync genlocked to video ref, but monitoring via renderer patched via Aux I/O.
That was probably me asking about using frame-edge sync with HDX as main playback engine and Aux IO to and from the renderer. I have done some very preliminary testing and lipsync doesn't seem super tight, but I need to do more testing and properly recalibrate with Catching' Sync and their test files multiple times to see if the non-deterministic latency is indeed a problem.
Old 09-29-2022, 07:30 AM
Avid

Both Pro Tools Audio Bridge and Dolby Audio Bridge include an internal synching mechanism which will automatically follow the clock speed of the main playback engine.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 09-29-2022, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Both Pro Tools Audio Bridge and Dolby Audio Bridge include an internal synching mechanism which will automatically follow the clock speed of the main playback engine.

best,

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, that's good to know! It sounds like when using either or both of those paths in Aux IO that at least the latency will be predictable. I am guessing that since those paths are core audio, that they will be subject to latency that is affected by the HW Buffer size. If the Video Offset is calibrated when using those paths, in theory it should be consistent when using a consistent buffer size?

Thanks for answering all these questions! It's definitely helping me wrap my head around these new features.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Sure thing.

Jeff
Thank you Jeff, this looks like good solution for Laptop set up. I was wondering if there is a way to have renderer connected as usual to the set of speakers and also have a logic at the same time with AirPods Pro?

Mac Studio Ultra, OS 13.6.5 MTRX Studio, PT Ultimate 2023.12.1, HDX1, Sync HD, BM Decklink Extreme 4K, Genelec's 9.1.4, Dolby Atmos Renderer, Avid Dock, S1, SoundFlow, Streamdeck
Old 09-29-2022, 11:09 AM
Avid

This described setup is exactly that. Add a 12 channel path (7.1 + 4.0 for heights) in the Input tab of IO setup which leverages AUX IO via PTAB. Output via DigiLink paths to MTRX ST as normal. You can then monitor 7.1.4 speakers, Dolby binaural and Apple Spatial all at once.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 09-29-2022, 11:42 AM

Thanx Jeff, I am still not very clear about this new way of routing signals.

_ I have 9.1.4 set up, does this mean that if I want to monitor thru Logic (as well) I need to send the re-rendered 7.1.4 audio to Logic?

_Normally I have HDX selected in the output of the renderer while DAB is main playback engine. Like this I can open only the renderer and listen to the atmos masters without Pro Tools running, In the way you suggest, will I be able to do it like this as well? Or is PTAB only available while Pro Tools is running?
Looks to me that I need to make some changes in the dadman?

thanks a lot, btw, I am very pleased with the Aux I/O