Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-10-2009, 12:03 PM

Default Problems launching pro tools 8 for 1st time

I just set up my iMac G5 with Leopard 10.5.7 and downloaded and installed the Pro Tools 8 upgrade. When I tried launching it it loads all the plugins until it gets to DigiRewire.dpm at which point it stops for about 10 seconds and I get a message saying 'The application Pro Tools LE quit unexpectedly after it was launched'. I've tried reinstalling after doing a safe uninstall but that didn't make a difference. I'm fairly computer illiterate so I don't know what else to troubleshoot.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Problems launching pro tools 8 for 1st time

Hi there. I've had that too...here's how I solved it, for the moment anyway:

If you use Finder to navigate to your "Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins" folder, there is a file in there called "DigiReWire.dpm". Drag that file out of the folder (to the Desktop if you like), and then try launching Pro Tools.

Hopefully they find a fix.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossH View Post
Hi there. I've had that too...here's how I solved it, for the moment anyway:

If you use Finder to navigate to your "Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins" folder, there is a file in there called "DigiReWire.dpm". Drag that file out of the folder (to the Desktop if you like), and then try launching Pro Tools.

Hopefully they find a fix.
The 'fix' is to make sure all your ReWire capable applications - Live, Reason, Melodyne, etc - are the minimum compatible version. Usually it's just best to get the latest version from the manufacturers website.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:13 PM

Thanks! That worked perfect. At least I can get stuff done now until I have time to update the other plugins.