Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 10-12-2013, 10:24 PM

Default PT 11 MAC trial "file not found"

Just signed up for the PT 11 trial and the download link for the Mac software is bunk. It just gives me a "file not found" screen. Anyone else? Avid - please fix, I assume the 30 days on my iLok license has already begun...
Old 10-13-2013, 04:53 AM

Default Re: PT 11 MAC trial "file not found"

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyspicoli View Post
Just signed up for the PT 11 trial and the download link for the Mac software is bunk. It just gives me a "file not found" screen. Anyone else? Avid - please fix, I assume the 30 days on my iLok license has already begun...
Try again with a different browser and don't forget to allow cookies. The server might have been down.

QAPLA!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:18 PM

Default Download link for PT11 trial has typo!

I so want to love you Pro Tools/Avid. But when the download link on the trial for PT11 has something so basic, and so dumb as a typo in the URL name, what am I to do but side with the detractors?

So, in the hope of actually being helpful, I'll post here that the URL has a typo. If you want to actually download the PT11 trial, copy the URL and remove the extra P, changing PProTools (etc...) into ProTools (etc...) and then it will download.

Get it together Avid/ProTools... (sigh.)
Old 10-13-2013, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Download link for PT11 trial has typo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldkind View Post
I so want to love you Pro Tools/Avid. But when the download link on the trial for PT11 has something so basic, and so dumb as a typo in the URL name, what am I to do but side with the detractors?

So, in the hope of actually being helpful, I'll post here that the URL has a typo. If you want to actually download the PT11 trial, copy the URL and remove the extra P, changing PProTools (etc...) into ProTools (etc...) and then it will download.

Thanks. I'll bring this to someone's attention. It is helpful. The URL may change with each update so there's certainly a chance for some one to make a error.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 10-13-2013, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Download link for PT11 trial has typo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Thanks. I'll bring this to someone's attention. It is helpful. The URL may change with each update so there's certainly a chance for some one to make a error.
Some people doesn't realize it is actual humans who works at Avid and that everyone makes mistakes so instead of beeing sarcastic about it (OP) just post it and word it like a "human beeing" and not like you never make any mistakes please.

You could rectify your post by deleting the top two rows and call it a day ..

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-15-2013, 12:27 PM

Default Re: PT 11 MAC trial "file not found"

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyspicoli View Post
This is occurring with Firefox Mac as well as Safari Mac & Win. Other browsers are working properly. Can you please try another browser and report back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldkind View Post

Passed this on the the webteam to investigate why the URL is wrong only with some browsers. Will reply again when a fix is implemented.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:59 AM

Post Re: PT 11 MAC trial "file not found"

The URL for the Mac Installer has been fixed for those specific browsers on the PT11 Trial page. It was a problem on one of 3 servers which explains why it worked for some but not others.

Not at my Windows machine at the moment, but I did confirm it's fixed on Firefox 24.0 Mac and Safari 6.0.5 Mac (OS X 10.7.5).