Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2009, 08:03 PM

Default Can record but not save

I'm not at work so have to get the details later. But suddenly out PT HD v7.n running on Tiger start throwing errors. First just trying to start a session AutoBackup would throw errors about some weird path. Then turned autobackup off and did our live capture. Then we couldn't save, but we could do a Save Copy As... We then deleted all pref's and databases. The next session PT started and recorded, but we couldn't save and had to Force Quit PT, but all the files were there and usable. Last session same thing.

Today I ran Apple and 3rd party disk utilities and all drives check out fine. So anyone ever seen anything like this. I will fire up the system tomorrow and try to reproduce and get wording of any error messages.

Thanks for any insights you can offer.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Can record but not save

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbop View Post
I'm not at work so have to get the details later. But suddenly out PT HD v7.n running on Tiger start throwing errors. First just trying to start a session AutoBackup would throw errors about some weird path. Then turned autobackup off and did our live capture. Then we couldn't save, but we could do a Save Copy As... We then deleted all pref's and databases. The next session PT started and recorded, but we couldn't save and had to Force Quit PT, but all the files were there and usable. Last session same thing.

Today I ran Apple and 3rd party disk utilities and all drives check out fine. So anyone ever seen anything like this. I will fire up the system tomorrow and try to reproduce and get wording of any error messages.

Thanks for any insights you can offer.
Hi,

Would say the first thing to do is trash the database files on all mounted hard drives and the data base file in library/app support/digidesign.

use this app to backup and delete prefs and database files...

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=190122

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:14 AM

That is exactly what we did after the first session and with that tool, but problem still exists.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
That is exactly what we did after the first session and with that tool, but problem still exists.
Which options do you have checked in the Database app? And then what do you do? Make ABSOLUTELY sure that you empty the trash immediately, and that PT is not open; 2 common errors. SB
Old 09-23-2009, 02:58 PM

Is there a folder with an illegal character in the path of the session? A "/*" etc. This can cause very strange behaviour as I experienced the other day. My session would open fine but would not import a movie, complaining that the movie "contained no video Frames". however the folder that the session was in was called "SB WIP FX/Atmos" Changing the name fixed the problem.
hope this helps
S.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:18 PM

Thanks for the idea I will check them out.

The error is a C++ exception being thrown the message is....

Could not complete the Clone Session commmand because Neo Assertion in "Volumes/Development/
vb_cliff/AlturaPorts/SDKs/Neo61/Libraies/Macintosh/Environments/Alone/Alone/../../../../Source
CNeolOBlock.cpp?, line 164.

Our system is OS X Tiger 10.4.9 and PT HD 7.3.1 I looked at get info and didn't see anything on cs level. Is that were it would be on a 7.3.1 version? From and IT guy point of view I'd say some library got deleted or the hard drive is developing a bad sector where that library is located.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the idea I will check them out.

The error is a C++ exception being thrown the message is....

Could not complete the Clone Session commmand because Neo Assertion in "Volumes/Development/
vb_cliff/AlturaPorts/SDKs/Neo61/Libraies/Macintosh/Environments/Alone/Alone/../../../../Source
CNeolOBlock.cpp?, line 164.
I have seen that one (or one very similar) on a bad drive and an incompatible drive but it sounds like you have been using that one successfully ... also have seen an "altura ports" message that was cured with the "prefs and databases" scrubber. SB
Old 09-24-2009, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Can record but not save [resolved]

Appears we have the problem fixed, last night's test and session went fine.

Too me the problem based on the error was a file was corrupted or missing since everything else was working. I then saw the 7.3.1 we were using had never had a cs update. So found cs8 and in the list of fixes was a Neo fix which the error message refers to Neo. So we installed cs8. I'm assuming the upd8 replaced the missing or corrupted file so we are all good (fingers crossed.)

Thanks all for your advise.