Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2013, 02:06 AM

Default audiofinder and protools

finding that Audio finder is a good combo with PT for post,.,, its faster than digi base and has a "spot" button/keystroke

the problem is it doesnt always copy the file to the audio folder ( as set in the preference in PT )

I managed to 'wiggle' it before =- by forcing convert to AES swav option.. but thats stopped workign again.

actually I dont really want to keep doing saving a copy in too often.. as this plays havoc with my back up systems developed over the years .. ( it just creates a lot of extra work cataloging - manually moving stuff around.. )

whats gone wrong? any tips? cheers!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:18 PM

Default Re: audiofinder and protools

I too have had this problem from time to time. Never worked out why it suddenly decides not to copy into the audio files folder.But you don't have to do "save copy in'. Just go to the project window and open the audio files folder. Sort by location and then scroll to the bottom. Highlight any files that are not in your audio files folder and right click and " copy and relink"
Love audio finder BTW

www.spoonsound.com
Old 07-12-2013, 04:43 AM

nice one richard thanks! - that does the trick - but of course I still wanna gripe about having to do that! but at least this allows me to work as I like

ps so your spoon-sound? and I'm fork-media.. some kind of cutlery connection going on!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoons View Post
Just go to the project window and open the audio files folder. Sort by location and then scroll to the bottom. Highlight any files that are not in your audio files folder and right click and " copy and relink"
Love audio finder BTW
I don't have the system in front of me, by project folder do you mean in workspace , then navigate to the folder within there?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:31 AM

actually he means the clips window on the right hand side of the main edit screen ( u can show and hide )

it is a bit of all ball ache to be frank.. have to click in a mini menu to get the disk to show

I suppose some feel the save a copy in is easier ... but complicates my very simple back up system -
Old 07-14-2013, 01:21 AM

Hey guys,

you should contact the developer (Iced Audio) either directly
or via support forum. He's a very nice guy and many feature requests
or improvements (from the forum) actually make it into the next Audiofinder version.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giftofsound View Post
I don't have the system in front of me, by project folder do you mean in workspace , then navigate to the folder within there?
I meant .. "window" menu. Scroll down and click "project"
The Project folder opens and you can open your audio files folder. Scroll over to the right and you will see "path". Click here to 'sort by path". Scroll to the bottom of the list and you will see the files that haven't made it into your audio files folder. Highlight them and right click on the file name. Choose "copy and re-link".

What a bore though ..

www.spoonsound.com