Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 7.1 Update

apparently the Digital Audition path has been fixed in 7.1 but it's a little late IMO because DV Toolkit users will lose DV Toolkit1 when they upgrade to 7.1

Unfortunate timing to replace the Audition path and force the DV toolkit 2 upgrade although the good news is that you won't lose the plugins, just the timecode functions and feet+frames. Digitranslator 2/Vocalign/DINR Le/ will all still work.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:20 AM

Hi,

Got an MBOX2 and upgraded the software to 7.0 and 7.1. I do not immediately see an upgrade annuncement for the ignition pack (which I have not yet tried to use). Am I good to go with what I have?

Mac OSX 10.4.5.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:09 AM

Quote:
I have upgraded to 7.1LE on my 002 and G5 Quad Mac, the follow song option is no longer working is this a known issue?

Thanks
Hello anyone there? Am I going to get an answer?
Old 05-09-2006, 10:33 AM

I actually have another problem with the 7.1 upgrade. I got 7 with an MBox2 and it was working fine, but after I did the upgrade, now when I try to record and press the "rec enable" button there's really loud white noise and it won't let me record anything. I tried to find a feedback loop as the cause but can't figure it out. And what's better (or worse) is that it doesn't do it every time, it's intermitent. Has anybody had a similar problem?

I have a Mac mini g4 1.42 ghz, 512 memory, and use a Behringer mixer, the "mix out" go to the mbox2's line inputs.

If nothing else, how hard is it to uninstall 7.1 and reinstall 7.0?

Thanks
Old 05-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Avid

Quote:
I actually have another problem with the 7.1 upgrade. I got 7 with an MBox2 and it was working fine, but after I did the upgrade, now when I try to record and press the "rec enable" button there's really loud white noise and it won't let me record anything. I tried to find a feedback loop as the cause but can't figure it out. And what's better (or worse) is that it doesn't do it every time, it's intermitent. Has anybody had a similar problem?

I have a Mac mini g4 1.42 ghz, 512 memory, and use a Behringer mixer, the "mix out" go to the mbox2's line inputs.

If nothing else, how hard is it to uninstall 7.1 and reinstall 7.0?

Thanks
Please start with the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of this forum, specifically those areas on trashing preference and database files.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:32 AM

The "Read Me" file on the 7.1 Update states that the Digidesign Database files will be rewritten in a new format once this update is installed and Pro Tools is run. If my disks are being shared with earlier Pro Tools LE 6.4 and Pro Tools TDM 6.4 systems, will the rewritten databases be compatible with the old versions, or will they have to be rewritten again?

I can't do the upgrade if there is an incompatibility between systems. I can't upgrade to Pro Tools 7 everywhere due to hardware compatibility problems.