Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 11:28 PM

Default No monitor audio output w/ pre/post roll enabled

Hi group,
I'm having trouble getting punch-in recording working on my Digi001 / ProToolsLE 5.1 system. I have recording tracks fully figured out and am just delving into doing some advanced editing on the takes that I have recorded. Only one problem, when I set pre and post roll times and select them to be active, I get no audio back through my monitors and I dont get a progress line where the counter says the track is playing in the sessions regions. The counter even starts scrolling, not from the pre-roll mark mind you, but I get no playback and no progress line in the current region like you might expect there to be.

Now I know what your thinking, something is unplugged or I don;t have the correct output interfaces selected and set active. All inputs and output work fine, just when the pre or post roll options are selected, I get no audio from my monitor outputs and funny behavior, like I described above, from my transport window and the edit window.

this is driving me nuts. I troubleshot almost all of the preliminary problems already and its taken me a week or two to get to this point. Without punch in recording working its a major monkeywrench in my musical operation. If someone has had this problem I'd greatly appreciate any advice you can give me. Digidesign? Any ideas?

I've already scoured all of the known bulletin boards and the rest of the topics listed in this forum but so far no luck. Help!?! :-(

Thanks,

Yuri
Senior Software Develper
Bridgestream, Inc.
Old 03-13-2001, 06:55 AM
Avid

Default Re: No monitor audio output w/ pre/post roll enabled

Make sure "Auto Input Monitoring" is enabled in the Operations menu.

Brent
Old 03-13-2001, 08:41 AM

Default Re: No monitor audio output w/ pre/post roll enabled

I think this is already checked in the menu. I'll check it today when I go back to my studio. If it is is there anything else it could be? It's as if ProTools ignores the pre/post-roll settings completley and mutes all the tracks in the background somewhere.