Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2010, 03:42 AM

Default How did they do this...?

This is so cool. But how was it done?

Carl Sagan - 'A Glorious Dawn' ft Stephen Hawking (Cosmos Remixed) Yup, Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking Remixed. But how?

Cheers!

p.s. If you liked that, there's more of them here
Old 02-13-2010, 02:58 AM

Default Re: How did they do this...?

Which aspect of it are you wondering about, the video or the timing or the singing, or...?

The pitching of the voices to create singing from talking can be done with Autotune (or equivalent). Basically you force it to a pitch by connecting midi to specify the note.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:47 AM

Thanks. I've found part of the answer:
Quote:
For those interested, my remixes are done with Reason 4.0 (instrumentals), Adobe Audition (audio editing), and Melodyne (auto-tuning). I use Sony Vegas for video editing.
I thought that Melodyne had something to do with it.

Ah! some more Googling and I've found this: http://www.culch.ie/2009/12/28/chillax-a-glorious-dawn

Edit: Oh boy. This has been around for a while already http://www.youtube.com/user/schmoyoh.../2/vmcCzB8fwLo
Old 02-13-2010, 01:04 PM

These videos have exposed a lot of people to the treasure that is Carl Sagan. The Cosmos series is required viewing for anyone with even a remote interest in the earth and the universe, and our role in it.

I've been a Sagan fan for many years, and I miss him more and more every time I see science ignored and superstition and ignorance welcomed by an increasingly credulous society. He was the greatest popularizer and enthusiast of science in recent history, and we need him more now than we ever did.
With DARWIN as my partner-I make my plans MASSIVE.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -Carl Sagan
My suggestion for now is: "GIVE UP"
Old 02-14-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by east View Post
These videos have exposed a lot of people to the treasure that is Carl Sagan. The Cosmos series is required viewing for anyone with even a remote interest in the earth and the universe, and our role in it.

I've been a Sagan fan for many years, and I miss him more and more every time I see science ignored and superstition and ignorance welcomed by an increasingly credulous society. He was the greatest popularizer and enthusiast of science in recent history, and we need him more now than we ever did.
I indeed wish he were around today. Listening to him is like remebering something you already knew, but was buried under a heap of trash.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post
I indeed wish he were around today. Listening to him is like remebering something you already knew, but was buried under a heap of trash.
+1. Carl Sagan was a brilliant man/scientist with great communication skills and an amazing amount of knowledge. If he still was alive I would vote him for president of the world:).

Ahh, but why do people have to make these silly videos that destroys his message at take it out of context.
Not only in this case, but with any video on youtube. I really dislike people messing with the original

Watch his original interviews and documentaries, not the annoying edits!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
Ahh, but why do people have to make these silly videos that destroys his message at take it out of context.
Not only in this case, but with any video on youtube. I really dislike people messing with the original

Watch his original interviews and documentaries, not the annoying edits!
I can see where you're coming from, but the songs do seem to capture the essence of Sagan - his sense of wonder and passion for the universe. Anything that attracts people to Sagan and his little legacy is a good thing in my book.
With DARWIN as my partner-I make my plans MASSIVE.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -Carl Sagan
My suggestion for now is: "GIVE UP"