Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2009, 07:35 AM

Default Sibelius 6.1 and Pro Tools 8 just Don't work, don't synch and crash...

Hi there,

I just spent and hour and a half with technical support over the phone and they don't really know what the problem is with Sibelius 6 and Pro Tools 8 that they just don't synch, they don't work and pro tools Keeps on crashing.

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

One of the technicians was saying that it's because of the Digi 003, which I believe if that's the truth, then the should listed in the compatibility issues and advertisement.

I feel that we've been misleaded to buy Sibelius 6 by Avid and Digidesign by giving us the wrong information like this add that digidesign sent me on the last newsletter:

http://www.sibelius.com/products/sibelius/6/rewire.html

Thanks a lot

---------------

I'm using:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number Of Processors: 2

Total Number Of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per processor): 12 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MP31.006C.B05

SMC Version (system): 1.25f4

Sibelius 6

Pro Tools 8

Digi 003 (Rack)

Last edited by contramano; 03-11-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: it's fixed
Old 03-05-2010, 04:41 AM

Default Re: Sibelius 6.1 and Pro Tools 8 just Don't work, don't synch and crash...

I have the same problem with Sibelius 6.1 and Pro Tools 8. Since 3 days I try to run in Rewire. Small steps, but nothing good. I think the thing does not really work effectively.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Sibelius 6.1 and Pro Tools 8 just Don't work, don't synch and crash...

In Pro Tools, verify the settings in Setup > Playback Engine.
Check that RTAS Processors is not set to use all processors; if it is, choose a lower setting.
It may help to lower the CPU Usage Limit setting, too.

In Sibelius, go to Play > Playback Devices... click the "Audio Engine Options..." button and in the "ReWire" pane, click "Repair" and "Clean Up".

You may want to update to the last ReWire version; read more at http://www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/a...archid=3337354 where you will also find a link to the download.

If you still encounter problems, try a simpler score.

Last edited by Incognito; 03-08-2010 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Added helpful information