Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-24-2006, 11:37 AM

Default Very frightening Messages.

I just moved my LE setup from my home in Texas to my dorm in Burlington, Vermont, and it's been problems from the beginning.

I use a 2.1 Ghz iMac G5 (Not Intel-based) and Pro Tools LE 7.1 with the 002R unit. I start up and it asks me to download a PACE Extension pack of some kind, so I do and I run it and everything is working fine, and I do it and now it's running OK (It seems to ask when it tries to load some expired demo plugins), but then when I try to open a Pro Tools session, I get this error message:

This session is saved on a volume set to "Transfer" only.
If permitted, set the volume(s) in question to "P" (Playback) or "R" (record) in the Workspace.

Otherwise, choose OK to save a copy of this session and its media to a valid playback volume. The session copy will automatically open from the chosen location.

I think I repaired the disk permssions, started the computer in safe boot and then restarted again, trashed the DigiSetup.OSX pref file, and it worked fine, and then today the same thing happens - I have to get the PACE Extensions Installer and I get the same error message. Also, I have been having very frightening little quirks happening all over and I'm very nervous about the whole thing.

Somebody help! Thanks a lot!

Blaine
Old 09-24-2006, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Very frightening Messages.

This is one of the first threads on this forum, check it out.

Cheers
Old 09-24-2006, 03:52 PM

Yes yes, but there is a whole new host of strange hiccups that I'm worried about, and I thought maybe this getting switched was somehow at the root of it all. I keep getting a host of playback buffer problems, mostly -6086, and I haven't had problems like this ever, and now I'm trying to run 2 VSTs and 1 track of audio (very simple!) and it gets one bar into it. What causes this sudden horrible performance!? How do I fix it?

Blaine
Old 09-24-2006, 03:53 PM

Oh! And also every time I start a project I get an "unable to connect" please click OK to reset warning.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:34 AM

I'm having the same problems. I'm using a g4 mirrored doors and 002R. All of my sessions were being saved to my external hard drive which is a hitachi deskstar and it does have the 911 chipset. I've also noticed that under my system prefs there is no selection for the 002 as far as sound. This is the message:

If permitted, set the volume(s) in question to "P" (Playback) or "R" (record) in the Workspace.

None of my sessions will open. Please help.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:34 AM

I'm having the same problems. I'm using a g4 mirrored doors and 002R. All of my sessions were being saved to my external hard drive which is a hitachi deskstar and it does have the 911 chipset. I've also noticed that under my system prefs there is no selection for the 002 as far as sound. This is the message:

None of my sessions will open. Please help.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Avid

Have you tried all the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting thread yet?