Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-14-2010, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools to Reaper... Need some help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeyBwah View Post
I'm on 8.0.1cs3.
Then something is botched within your system somewhere. Try selecting "dummy audio" under the Audio System field to see if it will remain open.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 03-14-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
The editing will need to be customized to your work flow. Time will definitely need to be spent, which can be a turn off for some. The PT editing is good, but it's age is showing and it's way behind the times in many areas now. The smallest changes can make it leaps and bounds ahead of everyone again, but that would take listening to their die hard users.

Let me correct the above. That would take listening to their die hard users and then delivering. This is something Cockos does quite well.

Shane
Oh for sure Shane, and I'm perfectly willing to spend the time to customize the workflow to my taste. I'm a web developer by trade and use a slew of applications in my workflow, so customization is no stranger to me. That is actually why I was "attempting" to make the switch!

But alas, nothing as simple as flipping a switch it seems.

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 03-14-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
The something is botched within your system somewhere. Try selecting "dummy audio" under the Audio System field to see if it will remain open.

Shane
Dummy Audio works.

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 03-14-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I'm on 8.0.1cs3.
Wait a minute...there is no cs3. Open PT got to > Help > About Pro Tools, and check the version.

Shane

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 03-14-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Wait a minute...there is no cs3. Open PT got to > Help > About Pro Tools, and check the version.

Shane
Doh I meant cs1! Forgiveness please!

Old 03-14-2010, 02:23 PM

I wonder if it's my PT install that is botched or something with my system..

I did recently format my rig almost half a dozen times to get PT to run about 2-3 weeks ago. Right now, all I have installed are the bare essentials. No games, no iTunes, no virus protection, etc...

Should I try reinstalling PT?

Old 03-14-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:

Should I try reinstalling PT?
Check out the DigiASIO driver in "Sounds and Audio Device Properties". See if it will work with Windows Media Player.

Shane

Old 03-14-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Check out the DigiASIO driver in "Sounds and Audio Device Properties". See if it will work with Windows Media Player.

Shane
I can't seem to find that window.

Did you go through control panel?

All I have in control panel is "Sound" and when I open that up, it shows the tabs..

Playback - Recording - Sounds

Old 03-14-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I can't seem to find that window.

Did you go through control panel?

All I have in control panel is "Sound" and when I open that up, it shows the tabs..

Playback - Recording - Sounds
http://rapidshare.com/files/363392835/ss.jpg.html

My apologies for the crappy rapidshare link.. I don't have my FTP client installed on this barebones PT rig. :/

Old 03-14-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
http://rapidshare.com/files/363392835/ss.jpg.html

My apologies for the crappy rapidshare link.. I don't have my FTP client installed on this barebones PT rig. :/
Here's a pic of my control panel and device manager as well.

http://rapidshare.com/files/363394597/ss2.jpg.html