Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 08:42 AM

Default NOISE! HELP! I am going insane!

I have posted this question before, and nobody seems to know the answer. I have a pair of Roland DS-7s, and I want to monitor my output useing the SPDIF. The closest I got was setting the I/O of 1 and 2 to 17 and 18, audio worked, BUT I could only control the gain with the master faders in PT. not useing the volume knob on the front of the 002r. This isnt the way I would want it, to have no control over volume externaly. That sucks for a variety of reasons. Is there a way to control the volume of the SPDIF out using the volume knob on the front of the 002r? I have tried everything, mirroring, setting the core audio to mirror, setting IO, so I guess the answer is no, unless someone knows of something.

also, i bought a g5, dual 1.8 last year, and it is one noisey MOFO. it makes chirping, and squelching sounds that drive me crazy. I cant have clients come into my studio and hear that. It doesnt show up on the final recording, like when you bounce, which is the only saving grace. But, its driving me nuts. I have tried everything too..setting the pram, ground loop isolators. The strange thing is that as the hard drive and computer process things, or when I move the mouse, you can hear the squelch coinside with the process, so I know its the mac. But also as strange, is that when you listen to the audio out of the headphone jack on the 002r, there is no noise, but out of the main outs, there is. What gives? anyone else have this problem with a noisy mac? did anyone ever fix this? I am about to chuck the whole thing.
thanks, any help is greatly appreciated,

blindman
dual 1.8
panther ( the latest realse, cant remember the number- at work now, not at the studio)
1 gig ram,
digi 002r
pt le 6.4
Old 01-21-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Re: NOISE! HELP! I am going insane!

Quote:
BUT I could only control the gain with the master faders in PT. not useing the volume knob on the front of the 002r. This isnt the way I would want it, to have no control over volume externaly. That sucks for a variety of reasons. Is there a way to control the volume of the SPDIF out using the volume knob on the front of the 002r?
I have the 001.
There´s two sets of outputs on the back of it:
"Main output" and "Monitor output".
The "Monitor" knob on the 001 affects only the monitor output.
I guess this might be the case on the 002R also.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:52 AM

The 002r only has one SPDIF out,
I dont know how to connect it useing the volume knob...
very annoying
Old 01-21-2005, 04:16 PM

Sorry, I missed that. You´re using digital out.
Of course, that would have the exact level of the master fader output.