Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2011, 07:44 PM

Default In a bind/ trash prefrences/hard not seen

I used the neat little utility to trash preferences and now my external drive won't mount . How can I get the mac to see the drive?, keeps telling me to initialize the drive, but won't let me repair, or recover? thanks

Old 02-25-2011, 08:04 PM

Default Re: In a bind/ trash prefrences/hard not seen

Disk Warrior

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 02-25-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
Disk Warrior
Thanks craig f, yea i think it's time for disk warrior. I'm running a free program and hopefully it works, it's currently showing the files

Old 02-25-2011, 09:16 PM

+1 Disk Warrior.

Saved me a couple of times...

Sparky
Old 03-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
+1 Disk Warrior.

Saved me a couple of times...

Sparky
Update, I purchased disk warrior and no go???, hopefully marc from their tech support will get me through this. It seemed it did it's job but still all my files won't populate, and there was no errors at all through the process. So I then download disk drill demo version and all be dam it shows all my files ready to be recovered but I'll have to pay them to do it buying disk drill, and I already paid disk warrior and definitely the files are there. keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
I used the neat little utility to trash preferences and now my external drive won't mount . How can I get the mac to see the drive?, keeps telling me to initialize the drive, but won't let me repair, or recover? thanks

What was the "neat little utility" you used that seems to have destroyed your set up? Need to avoid that one.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2 View Post
What was the "neat little utility" you used that seems to have destroyed your set up? Need to avoid that one.
What happened is I just move all old sessions to the trash from one drive I didn't need anymore then from the second drive I moved those to the drive I just cleaned up and for some reason everything dissapeared. I bought disk warrior cause it clearly states it will retrieve the files as stated on the site, plus I met all the criteria, and a person named Marc from tech support confirmed it will. well After $100 later spent I Disk Warrior and sending him a PDF report he says it won't retrieve?, big let down. But get this" I find a free program called DISK DRILL and all be darn the program rocks and it shows every file on that drive and can retrieve it ***FREE***, but I think it's the demo version. It was so gratifying to see all those files ready to be recovered. I hoping I'll be able to get a refund?, but I doubt it cause just by the emails he doesn't care. His reply says you will not be able to recover your files!, and that's it. I'm glad it saved you guys, but clearly from his statement disk warrior can't,and knowing that DISK DRILL populates all the files and says it can recover files I'll have to spend another $100 on that program. I'll see how much DISK DRILL will let me recover free.
What kills me is their statement----->DiskWarrior is the only product that finds all of your data.
Its patent-pending method always results in a perfectly rebuilt directory without any errors and that contains all of your file and folder data. Come on DISK DRILL lets prove them wrong (LOL)

Old 03-05-2011, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2 View Post
Pretty shure basslik means this one:
ProTools Prefs & Database Helper

I've used it (even ALOT, when troubleshooting) and never had any problem.
My impression is that it is used by MANY people and I've never seen one complaint. It just trashes a few files. Hard to see how it could distroy a disk.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Pretty shure basslik means this one:
ProTools Prefs & Database Helper

I've used it (even ALOT, when troubleshooting) and never had any problem.
My impression is that it is used by MANY people and I've never seen one complaint. It just trashes a few files. Hard to see how it could destroy a disk.
10-4, that was a different issue, which I resolved, and that utility is great. I started the thread incorrect. This however was just moving files from one drive to another. I woke this morning to check DISK DRILL status and it took all night to back up and now it's scanning the drive and as we speak I'm at 3,876 audio files, so this program is finding the files, which DISK WARRIOR couldn't do?, which contradicts what it states on the website. I hope they give me a refund?, I fully understand that DISK WARRIOR is a great program, but when I emailed him the PDF file report, his only reply was that disk warrior won't be able to recover my files (THAT'S IT), before I bought the program I clearly told him what happened and he replied it will work with ease. The right thing to do is a refund I would imagine?, but yes I'm aware of buying software, but I hope they can clearly see I was willing to buy, and did because they told me it would work? and just need my files which it couldn't do. But no biggie though. A $100 lesson (LOL)

Old 03-09-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
10-4, that was a different issue, which I resolved, and that utility is great. I started the thread incorrect. This however was just moving files from one drive to another. I woke this morning to check DISK DRILL status and it took all night to back up and now it's scanning the drive and as we speak I'm at 3,876 audio files, so this program is finding the files, which DISK WARRIOR couldn't do?, which contradicts what it states on the website. I hope they give me a refund?, I fully understand that DISK WARRIOR is a great program, but when I emailed him the PDF file report, his only reply was that disk warrior won't be able to recover my files (THAT'S IT), before I bought the program I clearly told him what happened and he replied it will work with ease. The right thing to do is a refund I would imagine?, but yes I'm aware of buying software, but I hope they can clearly see I was willing to buy, and did because they told me it would work? and just need my files which it couldn't do. But no biggie though. A $100 lesson (LOL)
I have good news, FYI only of course, the good people ask DISK DRILL ask me to send them a proof of purchase when I bought Disk Warrior, so I did and they sold me their DISK DRILL at (HALF PRICE), man how cool is that. They understood my frustration and cut me a break. Great company to do that. ALL IS GOOD NOW. GOT ALL MY SESSIONS BACK