Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2014, 04:34 AM

Default PT11 asks for activation at launch

one fine morning, i launch PT11 continue working as usual.. suddenly i get the error :

"Pro Tools 11 cannot run because an error occured. ILok2 result frame is an invalid size."

then i quit, only after ending the process in process manager...

later when i launch, it asks for Activation... i click activate and it says i dont have a valid activation. The ilok manager shows my licenses....

i uninstall everything...including PT10, all avid plugins, drivers.. Uninstall even PACE drivers... unplug the ILOK2......and i reinstall only PT11.1.2 the latest download.

first time ever launch was correct. i quit.

second launch onwards the same error... ActivaTE your Pro tools 11.

ILok2 manager detects my ilok but refuses to repair/sync...

"Unexpected error try again later..."

Please help.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:21 AM

Default Re: PT11 asks for activation at launch

now the ILOK manager fails to recognize the ILOK... my windows device manager says... UNKNOWN DEVICE... does this mean thte ilok is damaged??? i dont remember touching it.. or removing it fro mthe slot until the problem starte.d...
Old 02-14-2014, 05:26 AM

Have you tried another USB port, USB2 port?
Old 02-14-2014, 05:56 AM

hi dave,
yes... i have tried different USB ports on my motherboard... i have been using only the USB2 ports for my ilok... never used USB3(i thought i was not supported).. anyway. No luck with any og the ports.. the light remains on until windows completeley boots... but the light goes off when windows boots ...

the Ilok manager refuses to recognize the ilok... i never even touched or removed the ilok in the last few monghts...
Old 02-15-2014, 12:32 AM

Has anyone else experienced the same error?? Can anyone from Avid please assist me with this??? should i surrender the ILOK and get a replacement? is it an issue wiht my License? who do i ask?? should i pay for Avid Service and try to contact them?!?!
Old 02-15-2014, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaydas7 View Post
Has anyone else experienced the same error?? Can anyone from Avid please assist me with this??? should i surrender the ILOK and get a replacement? is it an issue wiht my License? who do i ask?? should i pay for Avid Service and try to contact them?!?!
Hi

Sorry to hear about your problems with PT11.

I am gonna put this forward now to the right people at Avid and see what they come back with so hang in there. This will be solved one way or the other

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-15-2014, 01:48 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaydas7 View Post
now the ILOK manager fails to recognize the ILOK... my windows device manager says... UNKNOWN DEVICE... does this mean thte ilok is damaged??? i dont remember touching it.. or removing it fro mthe slot until the problem starte.d...
Your iLok account shows your iLok 2 with the Pro Tools 11 Bundle license on at as "awaiting Sync".

Are you sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of the iLok License Manager? It should be version 2.3.1. I would try downloading a fresh copy from www.iLok.com and installing it.

Then follow the exact instructions on the Known Issues page:
Quote:
Please use the following steps to perform a Sync/Repair operation.

IMPORTANT: For the quickest and best result, we recommend going through these steps with each affected iLok individually, with ONLY that iLok plugged in.

The first generation iLok is not as speedy as the second generation iLok; please be patient as this type of iLok will take longer and the process may seem slow or like nothing is happening. Don’t quit the process, leave it alone until it is finished. Seriously! Don’t touch the keyboard.
  1. Unplug all iLoks from your computer.
  2. Launch iLok License Manager. If you see "operation in progress" immediately upon launching, wait until the message clears before signing in. BE PATIENT. Do not close the application. When the initial operation is finished, sign in.
  3. Plug in ONE iLok.
  4. Double-click the plugged in iLok in the left-hand location column to open the Details Pane.
  5. Click the "Sync/Repair" link, and wait until the process completes. Again, be patient and let it do its job. The progress bar may flicker and at some points it may look like nothing is happening but you need to wait for the confirmation that the process is finished. This may take some time, especially for a first generation iLok.
  6. Verify that all expected licenses are now seen on your iLok, or in some cases, a license may be in your account instead of on the iLok. All expired licenses will be moved to your account.

Repeat steps 3-6 until you have performed a Sync/Repair on each iLok.
If that still does not work, you should probably open a support ticket at www.ilok.com because that seems to be where the issue is, not being able to sync your iLok with the iLok License Manager.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:03 AM

Thanks Bruce,
I have tried the troubleshooting once, but i must have dont it wrong. i will uninstall all of the versions of pro tools, license manager.. plug in just one ILOK, and then go about the process of sync/repair...

as for the problem of my windows not recognizing the ILOK, i raised a ticket on ILOK website, thanks for that.

i hope i get this to work as soon as possible!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:24 AM

I would also try installing the ilock drivers and then going to device manager and right click on the ilok and select update driver, then manually select a driver.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:35 AM

Default PT11 asks for activation at launch

That happened to me last week. Out of the blue, after some ten plus years. It said my ILok wouldn't work. Talk about freaking out. What did I do? Nothing just yet. Freaking out. Took a break and pretended it didn't happen.

First thing I did was go to ilok to make sure my Licenses were still there. They were. After some swearing to God. Went to Utilities and checked my permissions. Fixed those and rebooted. All is good now. Very scary though. I hope you can figure it out. That's the reason ilok makes me nervous. Should be another work around.

Did you happen to get the new PSP VU meter. It's the only thing I could think of.

📀
Fender Strats, Ibanez Acoustic, Ibanez Bass, Ibanez Electric.

http://www.johnackermusic.com/
[email protected]

Live and Let Live