Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-09-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Please help me to fix my 6.4 ProTools LE glitch!!!

ProTools LE (MBox) would be a dream if I could get it to work right. I am using a Compaq Presario R3240US LapTop ( 3200+ AMD Athelon 64 bit processor), 512MB Ram, Windows XP 2002 Home Ed. All-in-all, I have more than enough of what I need to run ProTools.

THE PROBLEM IS. . .

I keep getting the message to increase/decrease my hardware buffer size. When I do, nothing happens. I am also using a 160 Gig LaCie external firewire drive, this did not fix the problem. I have been on the phone with tech support so many times and tried everyting under the sun, nothing works. When I monitor my system resources meter, the CPU is barely being used.

I am very disapointed, because I purchased the PC specifically for ProTools. I checked all the charts and called HP to check the chipset to make sure it wouldn't conflict with ProTools. The computer should be 100% compatable. Other than a couple of small games and iTunes, my pc is all for ProTools.

Please help, because this is so frustrating that I almost can't use the software. I have so many good things about Digidesign, so be good to me. Reproduce this set-up and please make a patch to fix this problem.

Matt Lambuth
Old 06-09-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Please help me to fix my 6.4 ProTools LE glitc

Hi Matt-
Have you been through all the steps in the "Win XP/ Pro Tools 6.x General Troubleshooting" sticky?
Old 06-09-2005, 01:01 PM

Matt, welcome to the DUC.

JMS beat me to my first suggestion, and it's a good one. Cover the bases in that thread first.

One thing I have found with my laptop; it is a MUST that you disable the wireless LAN when using protools.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 06-09-2005, 03:16 PM

Quote:
ProTools LE (MBox) would be a dream if I could get it to work right. I am using a Compaq Presario R3240US LapTop ( 3200+ AMD Athelon 64 bit processor), 512MB Ram, Windows XP 2002 Home Ed. All-in-all, I have more than enough of what I need to run ProTools.

THE PROBLEM IS. . .

I keep getting the message to increase/decrease my hardware buffer size. When I do, nothing happens. I am also using a 160 Gig LaCie external firewire drive, this did not fix the problem. I have been on the phone with tech support so many times and tried everyting under the sun, nothing works. When I monitor my system resources meter, the CPU is barely being used.

I am very disapointed, because I purchased the PC specifically for ProTools. I checked all the charts and called HP to check the chipset to make sure it wouldn't conflict with ProTools. The computer should be 100% compatable. Other than a couple of small games and iTunes, my pc is all for ProTools.

Please help, because this is so frustrating that I almost can't use the software. I have so many good things about Digidesign, so be good to me. Reproduce this set-up and please make a patch to fix this problem.

Matt Lambuth
Hey Matt,

This seems to be a huge recurring unsolvable problem because I am experiencing the same one with no success. I hope you get the solution soon as I am having the exact same problem. The 6086 error seems to be a complete mystery.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:37 PM

Thanks for the reply, but I have already gone through troubleshooting, updated the drivers, deleted preferences, disabled my network card. This is what makes this so much more frustrating. I can't think of what else to do.
Matt Lambuth
Old 06-10-2005, 12:42 PM

Thanks for the reply:
I already disabled the network card, modem, and everything that can connect with the net. No change. Please let me know if you can think of something else.
Matt Lambuth