How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2014, 09:49 AM

Default Re: PT11 asks for activation at launch

Have you tried resetting the PFram?
Fender Strats, Ibanez Acoustic, Ibanez Bass, Ibanez Electric.

http://www.johnackermusic.com/
[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 02-15-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaydas7 View Post
Has anyone else experienced the same error?? Can anyone from Avid please assist me with this??? should i surrender the ILOK and get a replacement? is it an issue wiht my License? who do i ask?? should i pay for Avid Service and try to contact them?!?!
Similar problem yesterday. Downloaded and installed new version of ilok license manager. Everything is aok now.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:25 PM

Hi Bruce,
I did exactly what you asked me to... it did sync/repair... but again.. failed to launch PT11.. this time, it went to the point where i can create a new session.. and when i click create, i get the following error:

Could not create a new document because Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x0000000000000010.

i wonder what it is.. i want to get this to work as soo n as possible..

In the ILOK manager, it shows my ILOK with no issues.. but randomly PT11 asks for activation at launch every now and then..
Old 02-16-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinningDisk View Post

Did you happen to get the new PSP VU meter. It's the only thing I could think of.

📀
Nope.. no plugins whatsoever. i only use stock plugins - Plus, i am on a PC - so no PFram...

the PC world is really bad when it comes to these things im sure.... I dont have anything to tweak around within windows if i see "Unrecognized device".... freaking out!!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
Your iLok account shows your iLok 2 with the Pro Tools 11 Bundle license on at as "awaiting Sync".

Hi Bruce,
so yesterday i plugged in the ILOK after a long time (about6hrs) and it WORKED! for a minute. PT11 lunched,, but i got the ILok error and then it asked me to activate again.

the ILok appeared in the License manager too.. i synced it. but nothing changed. Infact, it disappeared again when i relaunched the manager.... i first thought there was a problem with my USB port. .. but my other ILok works fine.

Here are two screenshots from the ILok page..

.its confusing because in one page it does show my licenses on the Ilok ending with DFF .. but on the other, it shows '0'.

If it is a problem with the ILok..how long would it generally take for the ILok team to respond to the tickets i've raised?!? and i think i have to pay for the replacement to be shipped...
Old 02-28-2014, 09:16 PM

looks like Ilok website is of no help afterall, no response to any of the tickets raised.. I wish there was a way I could contact Ilok guys.. the ilok randomly works and then quits saying "ilok2 has a invalid frame size"..

has anyone here ever had any error messages of this sort?? what is a frame size and why the hell does it become invalid in the middle of a session??

why does ilok website show my license in one page, and no license in the other?? so many questions, but no answers... its like after you buy the software, there is NO support whatsoever unless you pay money...

this is disappointing... im lucky I have another ilok and I managed to activate PT11 on that when the spoilt ilok showd up in the license manager randomly once..

I now know how frustrated all users get when pro tools starts acting up...
Windows 7 64bit PC, Intel Motherboard with i7-3930k 6core, 16Gb Ram, 2x500Gb HDD, GeForce210 graphics card, Firewire on motherboard ProTools 11 :: ProTools 10 :: MOTU 8pre Firewire :: ElevenRack :: M-Audio FastrackPro
Old 04-16-2014, 09:45 PM

This has been happening to me for a while now on my 2012 Retina Macbook Pro. I would reset the SMC and PRAM and then it would work again for a little while before quitting Pro Tools while I'd be in the middle of something because it could no longer recognize the iLok 2. Upon resetting the SMC and PRAM again I did the whole Sync/Repair thing and it told me everything was fine with the iLok 2. But then Pro Tools would quit on me not too long after requiring me to reset SMC and PRAM again. Now my computer is at the point where that no longer works, probably because I've done it too many times. I purchased an Anker 9-port USB 3.0 hub that I now plug my iLok 2 into and then it works just fine, but the whole point of me having a MacBook Pro as opposed to a desktop machine such as a Mac Pro is portability. I can't use Pro Tools on my Retina MacBook Pro without lugging around a USB hub with me. And my USB ports work perfectly fine with absolutely everything else I plug into them, it's only the iLok that gives me these issues.

I would go to Apple about the apparent issues with my USB 3.0 ports on my rMBP, but my 1-year warranty has been expired for some time now.

I'm very unhappy with Avid and Pace that I can not use Pro Tools without plugging my iLok into some cumbersome USB hub.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:44 PM

Hey PolyH3dron,

I have exactly the same issue with my iLok. Your anger is misplaced at AVID, though, this is really an issue with Apple's history of using power management components (PMU) that are just barely within tolerances... and thus when the computer ages they fail. I have owned hundreds of Apple computers over the decades and under-specced and failing PMU's are a common problem, sending the entire computer to the trash bin before it's time.

Some iLok 2's apparently uses more power than most USB devices, and the computer can't supply the necessary current. This causes erratic iLok behavior.

One person in this thread mentioned that he has 2 iLoks, one of which works and one doesn't. It would be interesting to know both devices' current draw.