Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 06-26-2011, 06:08 PM

Default How to get into "Edit" using a MIDI controller

Hello,

Is it possible to get into the "edit" window on the 11Rack using a MIDI controller? I don't see a CC# in the manual that enables this. What I'm referring to, if I want to adjust the distortion or something, how do I get to that window via MIDI? I have the "knob #" CCs set up, and I have the distortion on/off setup. I know there's "distortion setting 1, etc." I can assign. But I want to be able to see the controls for whichever parameter I'm messing with so I can just use the "knob 1, 2, 3, etc." and not have to setup every corresponding setting to a MIDI controller. Would it happen to be a program change, NRPN or a MMC?

Thanks for your input.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:36 PM

Default Re: How to get into "Edit" using a MIDI controller

The MIDI info pages accessible through the ER's UI are more comprehensive than the manual. That said, I don't recall having seen any commands to control the UI via MIDI.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieDyedDevil View Post
The MIDI info pages accessible through the ER's UI are more comprehensive than the manual. That said, I don't recall having seen any commands to control the UI via MIDI.
Thanks for the response.

Basically, if I need to edit a parameter on one of the stompbox effects I have to access it on the 11Rack or through Pro Tools, correct? It'd be nice to have a MIDI command to access the "edit" page.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:01 AM

I don't think it is possible to navigate the front panel UI via GUI but it is possible to set the "value knob" values via midi, knob 1 CC# 101 though knob 6 CC# 107 which it sounds like you are doing already. AFAIK there is no equivalent to the scroll wheel, EDIT and SW1 etc. buttons that would let you change what all those value knobs are affecting.

Post midi navigation suggestion on IdeaScale, my gut feel is most people will be OK with how it is now but you never know, I'd be happy to be wrong.

Darryl
Old 06-27-2011, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender-offender View Post
Thanks for the response.

Basically, if I need to edit a parameter on one of the stompbox effects I have to access it on the 11Rack or through Pro Tools, correct? It'd be nice to have a MIDI command to access the "edit" page.
I'm reasonably certain that all of the stompbox parameters can be controlled via CC commands. Check the documentation.

IIRC, the only thing you can't do via CC commands is to change models.