Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2015, 05:40 AM

Default Pro Tools First + Focusrite 6i6 Crash

I just setup Focusrite 6i6 with Pro Tools First PC. I changed my PC sound device to the 6i6 and when I opened Pro Tools, I selected 6i6 as the audio option. I could see signals, but received no sound? I then selected Asio4All and I received sound output, but it was very distorted as if it was cipping, but the signals were not? Then Pro tools crashed when I tried to select setup for Audio? After attempting to restart the computer a few times, everytime I selected Setup in Pro Tools it crashed? I had to uninstall and re-install software twice to try to get it to work. I'm using the default settings in Focusrite. I'm only testing by playing a percussion loop track. Any suggestions on settings: Asio4All? Scarlett Monitor Output 1 & 2? (Sample rate same). Using Windows 8 with Realtek High Definition Audio which I have disabled and instead selected The Focusrite 6i6. I plan to purchase Pro Tools 12, but if it is going to keep crashing, what's the point? Any suggestions on settings to assist stability? All of my system specs well exceed minimum requirements.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools First + Focusrite 6i6 Crash

Hello MIKEIKE,

Quote:
I then selected Asio4All and I received sound output, but it was very distorted as if it was cipping
Select Asio4All then go to Setup>Playback Engine and Select optimize for playback or toggle between the two settings.

Good luck,
RC