Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #81  
Old 04-23-2021, 01:11 PM
BCnSTL's Avatar
BCnSTL BCnSTL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Flyover states, USA
Posts: 219
Default Re: Eleven Rack Compatibility with MacOS Catalina

Awesome! But now I'm on an M1 Mac - will it work? We'll see!

Update: Doesn't look like it. "System Extension Blocked" - says the developer needs to update the driver.
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------
2020 M1 MacBook Air -16GB RAM - 1TB SSD.
PT 2021.3 Native.
Life is like an Analogy.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-25-2021, 01:23 AM
studiobassist.com studiobassist.com is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2
Default Re: Eleven Rack Compatibility with MacOS Catalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnSTL View Post
Awesome! But now I'm on an M1 Mac - will it work? We'll see!

Update: Doesn't look like it. "System Extension Blocked" - says the developer needs to update the driver.
I just installed the driver on my MBA M1. I didn't get the error message, but the interface wouldn't show up either in my audio preferences, although it does show up in the system information under USB. Where does the error message show up that you had?
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-26-2021, 06:17 PM
jeffro's Avatar
jeffro jeffro is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Earth
Posts: 9,204
Default Re: Eleven Rack Compatibility with MacOS Catalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiobassist.com View Post
I just installed the driver on my MBA M1. I didn't get the error message, but the interface wouldn't show up either in my audio preferences, although it does show up in the system information under USB. Where does the error message show up that you had?
I don't have an M1 to check, but initial install on my 2019 iMac resulted in similar behavior. I then downloaded/ran the uninstaller from the previous version and ran the new installer again and it worked correctly. I have since been unable to repro the failure with different combos of driver versions so it seemed to be unique to my system (which sees a lot of installs/uninstalls as I'm testing and troubleshooting). Have you tried either running the new installer again, or running the previous uninstaller first?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-18-2021, 07:20 AM
Daveporter33765 Daveporter33765 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Clearwater
Posts: 11
Default Re: Eleven Rack Compatibility with MacOS Catalina

I have tried all the recommended fixes on the earlier thread dedicated to resolving the “Error Initializing Eleven Rack MIDI Engine” error when trying to get Eleven Rack Editor to work.

Is anyone able to utilize the Eleven Rack Editor with the new drivers successfully? If so, any thoughts on how to resolve the error I am seeing?

Thanks!
__________________
Luna 1.1.9, Logic Pro 10.6.2, Cubase Pro 11.0.20, Studio One 5.2.1, Pro Tools 2021.3.1, UAD-2 software 9.14, PreSonus Quantum 2, UA Apollo 8, UA Apollo 8P, UA Apollo Twin Mk 2 (2), UAD-2 Thunderbolt Satellite Quad (2), Studio A: Apple iMac 2020, i7 8-core 3.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP5700XT GPU, 10 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Catalina 10.15.7; Studio B: Apple iMac 2015, i7 4-core 4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP395X GPU, 1 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Catalina 10.15.7.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-18-2021, 07:29 AM
ac30fan's Avatar
ac30fan ac30fan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 71
Default Re: Eleven Rack Compatibility with MacOS Catalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveporter33765 View Post
I have tried all the recommended fixes on the earlier thread dedicated to resolving the “Error Initializing Eleven Rack MIDI Engine” error when trying to get Eleven Rack Editor to work.

Is anyone able to utilize the Eleven Rack Editor with the new drivers successfully? If so, any thoughts on how to resolve the error I am seeing?

Thanks!

I deleted Editor app. I then re-downloaded the installer for the version I was on, so that I could deploy the uninstaller provided with that version. Uninstalled. Downloaded app again from AVID. Downloaded most recent installer. Uninstalled again for good measure. Installed latest editor app & verified latest firmware. My 11R was not turned on during any of this. Now I’m golden.

Good luck


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
2019 iMac 27" 5k Retina
3.6 Ghz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Mac OS 10.15.7 / 60GB RAM
UAD FW Apollo Duo (Thunderbolt Card)
PT 2021.3
Eleven Rack FW v2.00.1 / Software 1.2.14
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-18-2021, 12:07 PM
Daveporter33765 Daveporter33765 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Clearwater
Posts: 11
Default Re: Eleven Rack Compatibility with MacOS Catalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac30fan View Post
I deleted Editor app. I then re-downloaded the installer for the version I was on, so that I could deploy the uninstaller provided with that version. Uninstalled. Downloaded app again from AVID. Downloaded most recent installer. Uninstalled again for good measure. Installed latest editor app & verified latest firmware. My 11R was not turned on during any of this. Now I’m golden.

Good luck
I replicated your steps with no success. I have a question for you, if you go into your Eleven Rack settings (from the face of the Eleven Rack) to the midi settings, what midi channel is your 11 Rack set to…mine is set for Channel 1.

Thanks!
__________________
Luna 1.1.9, Logic Pro 10.6.2, Cubase Pro 11.0.20, Studio One 5.2.1, Pro Tools 2021.3.1, UAD-2 software 9.14, PreSonus Quantum 2, UA Apollo 8, UA Apollo 8P, UA Apollo Twin Mk 2 (2), UAD-2 Thunderbolt Satellite Quad (2), Studio A: Apple iMac 2020, i7 8-core 3.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP5700XT GPU, 10 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Catalina 10.15.7; Studio B: Apple iMac 2015, i7 4-core 4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP395X GPU, 1 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Catalina 10.15.7.

Last edited by Daveporter33765; 06-18-2021 at 01:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and Avid Products Avid Technical Alerts 0 10-07-2019 11:11 AM
Eleven Rack compatibility options? needled39 Eleven Rack 3 10-02-2017 11:48 PM
Eleven Rack and Ubuntu with Ardour compatibility CeeJayTheFirst Eleven Rack 1 06-15-2015 01:33 PM
Eleven Rack compatibility problems? fastnboulbous Eleven Rack 0 03-24-2011 07:08 AM
Eleven Rack in system settings of MacOS clausiii Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac) 1 12-20-2009 07:15 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com